Bakersfield June 15th Friday night T&T..

You remember that!!!!:eek: Ahhh yes, the good old days. Really pained me when I dug up pix on the internet of the bulsdozers tearing Carlsbad apart. Wasn't much but it was close!
Out here all we have is 1/8 mile tracks. But the track is only 4 miles up the road, and really isn't a bad track (traction wise).
Street tune (93 octane no alky), on real radial Firestones, I've managed 8.0@86 with an unbelievable 1.8 60'

All's well here. You can see my new digs in my photo gallery.
Amen to that! I have a lot of good memories of that.What attracted me to Calif years ago were all the great tracks, The constant treat of law suits, developers & environmentalists took that away.

guys.. Brent quoted the wrong time.. it was 9.69 at 140..

i just want to say THANKS for a GREAT TURN OUT LAST NIGHT.. the group had a great time.. here was the count 10 buicks and they ALL RACED :).. people there couldn't believe how many buicks were there, turely a great way to show off the buick community :)
here are my time slips.. best run was the first run off the trailer.. 60ft times are still off..
timeslips9.jpg

timeslips9-1.jpg

i'm sorry for Ray and Brent's problems :(.

Congratulations Mike! Wait until you get some cooler weather and traction. Give me a little more advance notice on your next outing and I will telipathically send the tune along!

guys.. Brent quoted the wrong time.. it was 9.69 at 140..

i just want to say THANKS for a GREAT TURN OUT LAST NIGHT.. the group had a great time.. here was the count 10 buicks and they ALL RACED :).. people there couldn't believe how many buicks were there, turely a great way to show off the buick community :)
here are my time slips.. best run was the first run off the trailer.. 60ft times are still off..
timeslips9.jpg

timeslips9-1.jpg

i'm sorry for Ray and Brent's problems :(.

Very nice run with 95+ temperatures. I wonder what the track temp. was at the time you ran. The Buick's were certainly the talk of last nights T&T. Speaking of talk at the track, I wish that announcer would bring it down a notch. I think the drugs were kicking in at the start of the race!
I checked my problem and it seems like the cam sensor jumped teeth on the gear at the end of my second run. Time to pull the timing chain cover and check it out.
Jeff

Very nice run with 95+ temperatures. I wonder what the track temp. was at the time you ran. The Buick's were certainly the talk of last nights T&T. Speaking of talk at the track, I wish that announcer would bring it down a notch. I think the drugs were kicking in at the start of the race!
I checked my problem and it seems like the cam sensor jumped teeth on the gear at the end of my second run. Time to pull the timing chain cover and check it out.
Jeff

I agree with your comment on that announcer. Apparently all of us drove grand sports!!!! :confused: Half of the time he didnt know what cars were on the track.

All in all yesterday was a good day. 10 Buicks came, 10 raced.

Congrats to Mike for a new best,

Lou's old t-type 11.5 (Ralph help me out with this one...I don't remember)

Brent, Sorry to hear about you problem, but hey your runs were still faster than mine!!!

My car actually made it out to the track...Thanks to some great people that helped me with my car.

Ray, hope your car is ok...I heard that you stopped on the way home.

All in all it was a good day. Hope to do it again soon!!!

Nordy and all you guys, congradulations!!! A good time was had by all, even the old guy with the slowest of slow, at least ran. Yea, I finnally made it into the 14's. Would have been a good race for one of your "Tow Vehicles" LOL. I had a great time and got a call about all the "Wild Black Buicks that were out at Famoso last night" LOL, now they think my car runs like you guys, hope none of em call out the "Poser". Let me know when next time is: I'LL BE THERE!!!! Ron

Congrats Mike, that is definitely flying!!! The funniest thing is, there's more left. Those sixty foots match a 10.50 car. Wait til your car does low 1.4 or high 1.3!:eek: I see 9.40's in your future.

Just wanted to followup on my cam sensor problem. I seems that I broke the tab on the interrupter ring. I have never had this happen before so it came as a shock. Luckily RJC has a $20 repair for this so it will not have to cost me another cam sensor.
Jeff

Just wanted to followup on my cam sensor problem. I seems that I broke the tab on the interrupter ring. I have never had this happen before so it came as a shock. Luckily RJC has a $20 repair for this so it will not have to cost me another cam sensor.
Jeff

WOW.. Ray just had the same problem, but his broke while installing the RJC piece..

That it wasn't anything major Jeff...