Banned from car show in Westford, Mass

I just sent them an email telling them my disgust with that situation. I suggest other local guys do the same. It's just not right.

Originally posted by gn85
It's the same story with the Ocean City, Maryland car show's that happen. They used to let Turbo Regals drive down the boardwalk and participate in the show. Now they've said no. I think this is because of all the Mustangs that are modded trying to get in as well. Since Mustangs are dime-a-dozen, they probably don't want them ALL in.

As said before, if it were advertised as a 25 year and older show, that'd be OK. But the way this show was advertised it should have guidelines of who to let in!

You mean the O.C rain dance?
I must talk to the Mayor about that!

That is just plain WRONG! What is with those Bozo's? Last time I checked my car walked my buddy's '03 Viper. I know here where I'm from they let anything in, anything. Sometimes there is quite the junk, but hey it is a show, you don't like it, don't look at it!

Originally posted by Blown&Injected
You mean the O.C rain dance?
I must talk to the Mayor about that!

The very same. Granted, I haven't been to that show in a few years now (long drive from Germany).

Talk to the people who run that show. I know they must be rakin' in the cash. Between the sold out hotel rooms, numerous citations given out, etc... I'm sure they are handsomely rewarded for bringing in such revenue. Look at BG, one year not there and they were begging us to come back!

They have that car show at the inlet parking lot, I know they don't come near to filling that lot. Heck, if they don't want to let us in, we could have our own car show, that SAME weekend for cars of collectability!! Nothing older the 25 years old PLEASE! :eek:

Sorry, just ranting!:mad:

Poor choice on their part, but then again, it's their show. Find something that will accept your cars and go from there. Let them loose enough participation and they may change their minds.

Hey, that place is only 20 someodd miles from me. Maybe I'll show up, and when they turn me away, I'll start handing out Dairy Queen coupons or something. Then email them and tell them that I'll do that every week. Ok, note to self, Call Dairy Queen and ask for $300 in gift certificates.

Brian

I've been to a couple of cruises that had cut-off years, and thats fine, as long as they post it. But if its not posted, and there letting certain cars in, thats bulls**t!!
I think JDSfastGN has the right idea, just crash the place one night

Steve told me nothing has resulted from the calls he made. He said he will be visiting them in person to discuss as the next step. I told him to add Riley's Roast Beef in Framingham to the list as turboscott and I were not permitted to enter with his 1987 GN and my 1989 Pace car. They said they implemented the 25 year rule there to prevent rice from attending but I think they should just limit the show by whether or not the cars are wrong wheel drive or not. That would eliminate 99% of the cars they do not want to attend anyway.

Wow, Riley's in Framingham too? A few of us had thought about going there for someplace different. There is no age limit in the ad in Whip's Wheels. I'd hate to go that far just to be refused. These sponsers are getting to be stuck up Steely Dans. Sooner than later they are going to need the newer cars to fill the lots. I'm not a fan of rice, in fact I enjoy stomping on them but like it or not they are the future of performance cars. What about all the nice F bodys out there?

Originally posted by Pronto
Wow, Riley's in Framingham too? A few of us had thought about going there for someplace different. There is no age limit in the ad in Whip's Wheels. I'd hate to go that far just to be refused. These sponsers are getting to be stuck up Steely Dans. Sooner than later they are going to need the newer cars to fill the lots. I'm not a fan of rice, in fact I enjoy stomping on them but like it or not they are the future of performance cars. What about all the nice F bodys out there?

I have gone to Riley's many times over the last few years and I was shocked when they would not let us park. These places had better be careful who they upset because they are going to get a bad name out there. I won't spend another dollar at Riley's or ever visit Kimball's until they issue a formal apology. I am only one guy but it has to start somewhere, and it looks like Steve is taking charge. Maybe after they lose a few patrons they will wise up. Keep us posted Steve (SLZ).

Thanks 87GN

You saved me gas on going down there this saturday night.

I am not going to bother traveling such a distance only to be told my car doesn't qualify..

I find it hard that an 87 & 89 rear wheel drive American car
can be lumped in with a 4 cyl honda that is fwd?