You can type here any text you want

basic install question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

SpoolinUpGN

hey all

Thanks for checking this out. I'm not much of a car audio buff, so this whole thing is sorta new to me. Anyways, here is what I would like to install this weekend:

Alpine CDA-9805 headunit

Infinity 3.5" 2-way Kappa dash speakers

Infinity 6x9" 3-way Kappa rear speakers

I bought the dash filler kit, the 4x10 to 6x9 adapter kit, i'm hooking these speakers up directly to the head unit. I bought a walmart wiring adapter for "87 Regal" is listed in the large list of GM cars to hook up to the head unit.

My question is do I need to cut and solder and crimp wires to get it to fit into the head unit? Does the dashboard have to come off in order to get to the dash speakers? How hard is it to get to the back speakers? I have not really looked or given it much thought, but I was looking to get a basic gist of what this is going to take.

Thanks,

Joe

You'll connect the adapter harness wires to the head unit harness wires. With the exception of a few brands of decks, Typically all the wires are color match. It is now esentially an adapter...plug into the correct holes - you're ready to roll

To get to the front speakers you'll have to remove the top cover plate (plate between the soft dash and the windshield). There's screws along the dash edge and some down in the defrost vent. It takes a tork bit or 9/32 (7mm) socket to get them out. BE CAREFUL with this panel. It's very brittle.

Rear speakers come out from the bottom in the trunk.

Good luck!

thanks man,

i think i'm going to have to crimp/solder some wires to get this little adapter harness thing to work, but i'm pretty sure it should be pretty straightforward.

Thanks for the tips,

joe

Back