bass caps on 3.5" speeks

R

Regal on Icel

i've got the boston 3.5" speakers in right now and i'd really like to put some bass caps on them. I don't really know much about bass caps except for their function, could someone explain them a bit or send me in a direction to learn about how to put them in?

You want to get a non-polorized cap. 300uf (micro farads) will give you a roll off at around 200 hz . I don't think radio shack carries non-polorized caps. But any good car audio shop will have them. One cap per speaker. Splice them in on the positive wire of each speaker.

300uf? Thats kinda too high try going to a 200uf or even a 100uf you will get better results.

If you want them to last, 300 is best. Remeber, it's only a 6db crossover. The attenuation slope is not very aggressive. 300 uf kept the Kappa's cones from moving when playing music loud.

Originally posted by GNandTTA
If you want them to last, 300 is best. Remeber, it's only a 6db crossover. The attenuation slope is not very aggressive. 300 uf kept the Kappa's cones from moving when playing music loud.

I'm not trying to tell you wrong but the lower number of uf is higher bass frequency it will filter off.

You are correct!!! Man school finals are really starting to get to me!!!! 2 more weeks of hell!! 300 uf cuts off the bass at around 150 hz. Still get a little midbass without any real damaging low freqs.