battery chargers

turboaddict2

just got a battery tender charger. The GN has been sitting in the garage for two weeks and I'm gonna get it running soon. I thought it would be a good idea to charge the battery to make sure its fully charged before I start the car. I never had experience with using battery chargers but after reading the instructions its real easy. My only question is before i put the clamps from the charger to the battery posts do I have to disconnect power from the battery before charging it?

This is an old thread,but here goes,is there a difference between a trickle charger and one of these battery tender products??Which is better??.My car sits sometimes for 2 weeks.It always starts,but I'm thinking about some sort of charger when it's colder.IT's in a covered but open carport,thanks

Disregard post,found a charger I forgot I had picked up a year ago.Charged battery for about an hour,no problem!!

i just run a battery tender on my car and thats it. car has sat for over a year and she fired right up. battery tenders are the way to go.