baycityman

baycityman

I recently purchased my first GN. It's an 87 with 68,000 miles with stock everthing. I plan to change out follow immediately. I'm weekend driver just looking to lose the currrent soft/mushy feel.

Replacing original factory shocks with Bilsteins. Listed below are the prices I found. Are they the exact same shocks? Are Bilsteins the right choice? I went with them because there are alot of positive treads about them.

Shocks

Kirban Performance $305 plus shipping
Gbodyparts $290 plus shipping
Auto Zone $240 Plus tax

Springs

I'm looking to get back to the stock height. The car sits pretty low.

Kirban Performance sells front springs that are 20% stiffer. Do I need front spring that is 20% stiffer? Their front springs sell for $140 and their rear for $82. Why are Kirban's front springs so expensive?

Gbodyparts website shows two rear springs and no front. One is a Moog shock for $65 and the other is a Moroso trick spring for $109 for the rear.

Summit sells a Moog Front Spring (AMG 5606) for $89.

For the rear Summit has a variable rate spring (AMGCC627) for $59. or a standard replacement (AMG 5379) for 89. If I install the variable rate Moog spring and don't have a ton of weight will I notice a ride?

Any help on this subject would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I recently purchased my first GN. It's an 87 with 68,000 miles with stock everthing. I plan to change out follow immediately. I'm weekend driver just looking to lose the currrent soft/mushy feel.

Replacing original factory shocks with Bilsteins. Listed below are the prices I found. Are they the exact same shocks? Are Bilsteins the right choice? I went with them because there are alot of positive treads about them.

Shocks

Kirban Performance $305 plus shipping
Gbodyparts $290 plus shipping
Auto Zone $240 Plus tax

Springs

I'm looking to get back to the stock height. The car sits pretty low.

Kirban Performance sells front springs that are 20% stiffer. Do I need front spring that is 20% stiffer? Their front springs sell for $140 and their rear for $82. Why are Kirban's front springs so expensive?

Gbodyparts website shows two rear springs and no front. One is a Moog shock for $65 and the other is a Moroso trick spring for $109 for the rear.

Summit sells a Moog Front Spring (AMG 5606) for $89.

For the rear Summit has a variable rate spring (AMGCC627) for $59. or a standard replacement (AMG 5379) for 89. If I install the variable rate Moog spring and don't have a ton of weight will I notice a ride?

Any help on this subject would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Bilsteins are a very good choice, and you cannot beat the price from Autozone!

As far as springs, Moogs are a good choice. What ride height are you looking for? As far as prices, Rock Auto parts sells them very cheap.

Rob

Thanks for the reply Siver Fox,

Just want the stock height back. I want to replace a very old set of Goodyear GA 215/65/15's with a set of BFG TA 235/60/15. The majority of the treads that I have read say this is the widest tire that you can put on a stock rim and not have it rub. (I still want to be able to rotate the tires)

Do you know anything about Kirban's Springs?

Just go to AutoZone and have them order you a set of replacement Moog springs. Then, you wont have to pay for shipping. While your there, order your Bilsteins. Save on shipping.