You can type here any text you want

Bearings

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I coat mine in assembly lube. :wink:

Maybe Dan has some insite or first hand results, I never saw much of a difference. the article in the magazine I read noted a few HP I think...

I think he means coated bearings, not lube. I belive my king bearings from full throttle had a light coating on them. I am no engine builder but I belive it is for the imbedability of the bearing to allow it to run on the coating protecting it for a bit given it was starved for oil.

Actually the makers of coated bearings Claim to reduce friction, thus increasing HP

I've run both. can't say I dynoed the car to tell but no difference noted.

I have had bearings Calico coated to achieve desired oil clearances and they looked great after being run a few seasons. In 2001 it cost me $32 to have a set a rod brgs sent out and coated.

Jim

I have had bearings Calico coated to achieve desired oil clearances and they looked great after being run a few seasons. In 2001 it cost me $32 to have a set a rod brgs sent out and coated.

Jim

X2 on calico coated bearings!

Just read this goes along with what everyone is trying to say. Increases HP and helps prevent premature failure.

"Swain Tech Coatings' PPM™ solid film lubricant is a thin, tough coating applied to bearing shells to reduce friction and improve the wear life of
both the bearing shells and journals under normal operating conditions. However, it is when operating conditions are less than ideal that PPM™ really goes to work. If there
is a cold start, oil starvation or any other situation where the primary lubrication is less than ideal, PPM™ will provide a solid film of lubrication
to prevent a catastrophic failure."

x3 on the Calico Bearings. You don't have to send your bearing to them. You can buy a set of coated bearings of your liking directly from them.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Guys, try not to use the coatings for clearance.:eek:

Mock up to get what clearance you desire than have the bearings coated. Properly done the coating should be
burnished into the metal where it stays. almost 0 add.
I know when the dry film lube first came out this was the norm but not any more. Same goes for side wall ect....

Back