You can type here any text you want

Beat an 03 Cobra at the track!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

bishir

Serenity Now
I got the whole shot out of the gate with similar reaction times. I ran a 2.01 60ft to his 2.2. After I got the jump he was reeling me in near the end of the 1/8 mile track. Final times were 8.62 to an 8.87. After the race he admitted his car was bone stock, and of course I said me too :D Track conditons were horrible after a rainstorm hit, and the temps were in the upper 80s to 90 degrees. I was expecting a low 8 but could never find traction. Oh well at least I can say I beat an 03 Cobra with a car that cost a lot less,

James:p

i had a chance to race an 03 cobra that some guy was "hiding" in his garage...i was at a friend's friend's house...he said he had a mustang but wouldn't tell me what kind...i asked is it a newer 4.6 GT? he goes sort of...then he opens the garage door and walla it says COBRA on the back and he opens the hood and i see the S/C...i was like:eek: :eek: :eek: it was black too

he said my car would kill his cause it was stock...so basically he didn't want to race me after i told him i had a modified GN:D he said "maybe we'll see each other on the road in the near future" i said that i would be ready for it:cool:

Nice run James!
Sorry I couldn't get off in time to see it.

-David

P.S. What PSI were you running?

David,

I was running 20psi. Too bad I was having problems with traction because the car felt like it could have done low 8s. The announcer at the track even said all the rain washed off the good rubber. I took it to the dyno Sat and in the heat without corrected numbers it put out 280hp and 420 ft lbs. The HP would have been higher but I went for fun so I didn't rev very high.

James

Back