You can type here any text you want

Beating a dead horse...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Robbie-87plz

Junior Boost-Head
...Gents (and ladies,) I've researched my butt off trying to find, what makes a TR handle. I've been through the GW vs. Hotchkiss vs. Moog vs. Eichbachs...
I'm aware that tires make a huge difference. I'm aware that 16" or larger makes a difference, however, due to the wife wanting a semi-comfortable ride, I've acquired some Bilsteins, and am thinking of doing the usual Moog springs along with some GTA rims, bolstered by stock front swaybar and ST's larger rear for tractable issues. I'm thinking along the lines of pst's super front end rebuild and some tubular a-arms (ie. scandc.com, however, his are a wee bit for me to afford at the moment) and finishing it off with some rear adjustable uppers and tubular rear LCA's. My question is, how am I doing so far? Am I in the right direction for a decent handling G-body? Or am I doomed to failure and will have to resort to purchasing an EVO IX after college? I'd appreciate any real world feedback. I'm sure it will be beneficial not only to myself, but others as well.
P.S. I already did the rear/front braces!

:cool: Aloha!

Springs

What about springs? The stock front sway bar is too large, smaller front bar, and stiffer springs/ shocks. It depends what you are looking for, my car should handle real nice, but rough on bumps.

Robbie-87plz said:
...Gents (and ladies,) I've researched my butt off trying to find, what makes a TR handle. I've been through the GW vs. Hotchkiss vs. Moog vs. Eichbachs...
I'm aware that tires make a huge difference. I'm aware that 16" or larger makes a difference, however, due to the wife wanting a semi-comfortable ride, I've acquired some Bilsteins, and am thinking of doing the usual Moog springs along with some GTA rims, bolstered by stock front swaybar and ST's larger rear for tractable issues. I'm thinking along the lines of pst's super front end rebuild and some tubular a-arms (ie. scandc.com, however, his are a wee bit for me to afford at the moment) and finishing it off with some rear adjustable uppers and tubular rear LCA's. My question is, how am I doing so far? Am I in the right direction for a decent handling G-body? Or am I doomed to failure and will have to resort to purchasing an EVO IX after college? I'd appreciate any real world feedback. I'm sure it will be beneficial not only to myself, but others as well.
P.S. I already did the rear/front braces!

:cool: Aloha!

http://www.t6p.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6570

Thanks for the link Bruce...I'll try to take it from there...
Where did you pick up your a-arms from? PM if needed. Mahalo!
:cool:

Call Marcus at scandc. He is very helpful! His stage II set up is a little good chunk of change but it's also very nice. There is also a lot of good info over on the MonteCarloSS website. I'm also trying to work out what I want. Good luck.

Rick

Robbie-87plz said:
Thanks for the link Bruce...I'll try to take it from there...
Where did you pick up your a-arms from? PM if needed. Mahalo!
:cool:

Poleposition.
They took some remachining, there's been some other folks that have had better luck with other brands, ie they didn't need the remachining.

What about the 'special' degree treatment that would vastly improve the terrible camber? Would that already be set from the PP uca's? :confused:

Just figured I'd throw in that I got the Stage 2 setup from SC&C and I am VERY pleased with it's performance.
Since I live colse to the shop I had Marcus do the install. Very nice guy. The car rides VERY smooth with the stage 2 in addition to Eibach springs, Koni shocks and complete front end rebuild. I think a LOT of the ride quality can be attributed to the (adjustable) Koni's. Money VERY well spent. It took some work to get the shocks dialed in just right, but once I got it....damn sweet. One look at my car and you would expect the ride to SUCK...not the case. Smooth as glass.
I don't know how Marcus' arms differ from the regular PP's, but in my opinion they were worth every penny.

Good luck making the wife happy :D

I'd love to get his setup but if I get his arms I'd have to wait some more to get
the springs
pst front end rebuild
rear uca/lca
his setup is very nice, just don't know if they're worth that much...
...already have the bilsteins...
I bet your car handles darn nice. :D

I'm extremely happy with the way mine handles and hooks. It's a great compromise between ride and handling. Passengers usually ask what has been done because it feels a little stiffer than stock but not bad. The car literally has no detectable body roll.

Front end was rebuilt with PST's polygraphite kit. Triangular front braces, MOOG front springs, I don't remember exactly which ones but they were only two steps up from stock. Koni adjustables all around with the rears on soft and the fronts at 50%. Behind the seat brace, All body bushings with solids on the front and rear. ATR rear sway bar, Metco aluminum lowers.

The rear sway bar made a huge difference in straight line traction. I know this because it kept breaking the stock bolts and every time the car started not hooking I knew it broke a bolt.

I'm running little 16" rims now with 225s BFG G-force tires and 255 DRs out back. I got into it with an Acura Integra on the freeway. I'm driving normal in the slow lane, this guy for no reason cuts me off nearly taking my front bumper off. The exit we were taking was a long, long corner with two lanes. I ease into the gas, change lanes, and go around slowly. I hear him get on it so I give it enough gas to keep him at my rear bumper. I enter the corner at 85mph and it has a posted speed limit of 45mph. This guy is still on me so I start easing into the gas more and more. I'm probably doing over 100mph at this point and the car feels very stable still. The Acura is still trying to pace me but didn't quite make it. He loses it in an almost perfect 4 wheel drift and spins off onto the median. I checked the mirror to make sure he didn't flip or hit anything and kept going. My car felt like it still had more in it.

Back