You can type here any text you want

Belt tensioner needed

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Reggie West

TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
Looking for a belt tensioner assembly not just the pulley.

I need the whole thing.

Thanks

White Racing and Marine in Michigan used to make a wonderful replacement, but Ze Googles says they're closed. Anybody know what happened with them?

search for it by part #
youll be surprised whats on ebay

Got mine from GBody parts
It’s a reproduction unit with marginally higher spring tension pressures

I believe I have one you can have, Reggie.

search for it by part #
youll be surprised whats on ebay
Dayum:

Been awhile since I looked. Somebody started making them again.

Buy now. China's on the verge of collapse and once that happens, these parts will be hard to get again.

Adding a data point since I know people will find this thread searching.

I bought TWO of the Ebay tensioners I linked above. I figured that for $67 each shipped, It was good to get while the getting was good. Especially considering when my original one let go a few years ago, the only game in town was the billet White Marine unit for $500.

So, I have two spares.

Notes: This is our tensioner. Casting looks great.
The pulley is wrong. It's 90mm. So, you'll need to source a proper pulley or get a longer belt, but the tensioner appears to be legit.

pCK3-dgO08ialO2IazKdOj08ncuIT-U7iPkWarLqEaq3SzETgZ6jE9GVNSdG6H-TApjix-w0NPhNqLLHZcCavG5WLfxX575ZR6FcWO8C11x7GlXholUaDVS9GBuZK1YxE3iKXoAX6Bw=w1024

Dan White passed away I believe 4-5 years ago. His son didn’t take the helm. White Racing had many great innovations for the Buicks and racing the stage 2 v6.

Back