Belt Tensioner Noises???

m233roller

Banned
I have a belt tensioner that is not very old and I just put a new front timing cover on and now the damn belt tensioner makes a snapping, popping noise. Not all the time, comes and goes. Does anyone know what is going on?????:mad: :mad:

Did you use a tensiometer and straight edge to check your belt tension? What does the fit look like?

Hrmmm so I am not an idiot....

Our car with the ac delete does the same friggin thing. Drives you nuts cause the day you go to screw with it, it makes no noise. I havent yet found the common denominator linking the noise to a specific problem with the tensioner. Temp doesnt seem to matter, and it is perfectly straight. I have been dealing with this for some time, years, on this car.
Sometimes it is real bad sometimes it is hardly noticable and at other times, not there at all. I am interested to see who has the answer. :) BT

Belt Tensioner

The only thing I did was change a front cover that was only on the motor for 900 miles. The damn thing never made a bit of noise. I put on a new cover, same belt, don't change anything else and BINGO the damn tensioner starts this popping, snapping, clicking BS. ?????? NO I didn't do all the test stuff, but just looking at it while it's running everything is running straight and true.???

Same chit here ....
Always had a small snap, crackle pop out of it, but now that i disturbed it w/ a front seal job, now its loud as hell. If i wedge a screwdriver in the backside of the tensioner, noise goes away. But I'd look pretty funny drivein down the road like that :eek: It looks like its new tensioner time for me..and only 40k on it too :(