You can type here any text you want

Belt Tensioner

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

milesengineer2

Has anyone replaced their belt tensioner lately?? I am trying to find one that wont squeak or one that is tight.

Any suggestions

Thanks

Lee

Hows that TTA coming along..

I dunno.. is the original available from GM anymore? If so..that would be my answer. Problem relates back to the belt.. gotta get the rite length belt.

Its coming along, about the same as the last year and a half, little here little there, keep finding things wrong that I need to fix, the tensioner being the latest. Decided to change the 02 sensor while I had it apart and the damn thing was mashed, explain that one.

I have looked around for a tensioner, going to call Scott Buick today and see if they can get one. If not I think that Cotton's offers one. Hopefully by Thanksgiving, that is the plan for now.

Lee

They were still available about a year ago. E-mail Dal.

http://capricess.com/parts/dal.htm

I have purchased form him several times. Never a problem. Even had some returns, not an issue. It does usually take him a day to turn around an e-mail. I am sure he is busy.

Brent

Back