You can type here any text you want

Best 87 GN simple stock upgrade w/pump gas?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

countgra

I have had my 87 gn for 10 years- all stock-runs great. if i want a faster car as simple as possible, what recipe worked for you all out there to get in low 12's, no alky, on pump gas? For a daily driver - Can it be done?

Why no ALKY ? A TA49 turbo and ALKY with a TT chip and a set of 60lb injectors will get you there. I would also advise a good hotwired fuel pump.

Bryan

I put most of the miles so my car is well maintained, but i sace 110,000 miles. Thought alky on my car-although strong, might be to much strain. Although i only want the power for the occional night on the street when a mustang or so pulls up...

110,000 miles is nothing... :D

That just means the head gaskets are good and sealed... so crank up the boost.

The last GN I had was a 135,000 mile car. I ran that thing hard at 28psi and put it in the 10's.

It's all about the combination and a safe tune. These little motors will take some serious abuse, provided the tune is dead-on.

You will also need to get some kind of scan tool to make sure your tune is good, or you will be replacing the head gaskets. Not trying to scare you, just educate you.

Bryan

simple solutions for quicker acceleration:

go with the lightest parts possible example, replace the stock rims which weigh 28 +- lbs each, if your car does not have the aluminum bumper braces front and rear and has steel instead that represents a good bit of weight.

Do all the various braces which improve traction (this was proven on Rich Lasssters car at BG a few years back after we installed the braces with no other changes).

Make sure every option related to fuel delivery has been addressed volume-pressure-volts to the pump besides the obvious change the gas filter.

Keep in mind like the old west, their will always be someone faster....with deeper pockets.

Good luck

Just my 2 cents worth

denniskirba@yahoo.com

kirbanperformance.com

Turbo cars owned have had a few.....

Back