You can type here any text you want

Best budget minded upper control arms

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

2toneNV

I am thinking of changing over to a tubular upper control arm and with all of the choices. I wanted some input on a good quality, but budget priced set? Ideas please!

Think when I do my front end next winter I would go with a brand that has the bump stop on them. Spohns are pretty nice.

Unless you are going to get ones that will improve geometry ie. spohn, global west, spc. I wouldn't even bother even budget minded.

I am referring to the FRONT upper control arms as in tubular with ball joints.

whats the advantage of changing the geometry? to lower the car? are there any handling improvements? any pics of tubed a-arms from engine compartment? i want to see how noticeable they are from up top.

Unless you are going to get ones that will improve geometry ie. spohn, global west, spc. I wouldn't even bother even budget minded.

there are some decent cheap choices for the g body chassis from any number of circle track racing supply places- some of them even come with slotted holes in the cross shafts that require a bushing that can offset the control arm fore and aft to dial in the caster.

They're a bit higher than that now Mac. Changing the geometry will keep the tire more level in a corner and aid in stability. Using B body spindles are the cheapest option but there are aftermarket spindles available if you want to spend the cash. It also gives you bigger brakes so you stop better.

Charlief1, I don't want to change spindles because I have the 12" LS1 front brake conversion on the car.

whats the advantage of changing the geometry? to lower the car? are there any handling improvements? any pics of tubed a-arms from engine compartment? i want to see how noticeable they are from up top.

Significant handling improvements can be had. :biggrin:

But not too noticable from engine side. Passenger side even less visible with the downpipe. ;)

Attachments

• DSC01816.JPG
    DSC01816.JPG
    57.6 KB · Views: 206
Back