Best converter for TE-44??

Sweet6 said:
The mutidisc is only needed to lock the converter at WOT. But locking the converter at WOT is hard on the trans if you lock it up before 3rd gear. I have a 7disc and have never locked it at WOT. I decided I did not want to take a chance at breaking my trans for minimal gains in ET. Single disc lock up is great for a street car.
Thats probably why the company reccomended the Vig. single disc over the multi disc since I told them my car will be driven mostly on the street.I keep waiting for a drop in price.The last time I priced one I think it was $730 a few years ago.

I think the best price I have seen for a new Vigilante is around $650. I paid $1100 for mine :eek:

Stall

Ok then 3200 stall it is now should i go lockup or no lockup what about

ptsxtreme
artcar
Vigilante
to many options :confused: :confused:

Go lock up for a street car. Any of the above converters will get the job done. I doubt you would see much difference between any of them. They are all good.

JDSfastGN said:
no offense but why go with a non lockup unit on such a mild car? That just seems counter productive when you can go just as fast or faster with a lock/up unit and still keep decent gas mileage
I agree! I have a 3200 Carr non lock up great for the track but sucks on the street. Can't wait to switch to a lock up. Best of both worlds.