You can type here any text you want

Best DOT tire for early Vectors?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

CliffyC

Found a set of Vector wheels to use when driving my GN on the street. They're to early type, 15", 8-1/2" wide, 3-5/8" bs. What's the best and/or biggest street legal tire to use.

Have narrowed my choices down to either Mickey Thompson ET Streets or Hoosier Drag Radials. 275/60-15's are 28" dia. and 275/50-15's are 26" dia. Which size is best. Anyone??

You could go with 295 50 15s and split the height difference. Not sure if DRs are available in that size though.

Attachments

• buick004.JPG
    buick004.JPG
    41.5 KB · Views: 136
u want 28's 275/60's MT dr's if u drive on the street Hoosier DR's arent dot

tire size

You could go with 295 50 15s and split the height difference. Not sure if DRs are available in that size though.

Couldn't find that size for either tire. MT has a 295/55-15 which is 27.8" dia. Would that clear the frame with 3-5/8" bs?

u want 28's 275/60's MT dr's if u drive on the street Hoosier DR's arent dot

Guess you're right. Hoosier's ad in Summit is a little misleading. They're called "DOT Drag Radials" but the note at the bottom says: For DOT class racing only--not for highway use. Thanks for the headsup.

I ran 275/50 MT drag radials on those exact vector wheels, worked great (did have air bags in springs though) no where near frame

Sent from my DROID2

Back