You can type here any text you want

Best DR in your opinion....

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

DOUNVME

IHUNTV8S
Ok, time for a new set of DR's

Now running NITTO. I felt like that was a pretty sticky tire. I live in Middle Ga so the climate is rather warm all year. Will see a lot of track time this season.

The Nitto didn't do that bad in rain, the one time I drove it. If it helps, I have Nitto 555's Extreme on the front.

What are your DR's of choice? Please post good and bad experiences....

M/T drag radials,
I put them on my 16" wheels, and was able to pull 1.78 60' times leaving at 0 boost. (20 lbs air and no tubes) I also have a 3200 non-lockup convertor, so high boost launches are out of the question unless I'm running slicks.....thats o.k. with me. 1.70s on a no boost, easy on the driveline launch is awsome. By the way, check my sig. to see how stock my suspension is!
Best regards

tires

IMO the mt e.t. street drag radial is the best as far as traction. They wear out fast & will give you about one oil change worth of miles. Then the nitto 555 dragradial. They hook good & last about 10,000 miles. I dont like the bfg. JMO :) Razor runs 10's on his 16 inch mt e.t. dr's & my buddy scott runs a 16 inch mt. e.t. dr on his z06 & has ran 10's on his as well.

no question
Mickey Thompson ET street radials , for me its 16" 255/50

1.50s tbrake 8# launch , mid 10s

have been high 1.5s usually right at 1.6 off foot brake with stock motor/ turbo/inter cooler with low 0-3# launches high 11s

ive seen these tires go much faster and cut some 1.4s but thats more due to the cars HP

they are short at barely 26" but they get the car rolling quick and have always been quicker to the end with them with excellent short times , not higher mph than with a 28" tire but its the ET that counts .

just for the track the MTs are the best but as stated don't last long. If you drive it on the street and want some miles out of them, then Nittos are the way to go again. With the right suspension they can hook great. I have pulled a 1.67 on the 275/60/15s, and a 1.66 on my 315/35/17s (not much sidewall to flex :D ) They are a great tire and are great in the rain if you unexpectedly get caught (as long as they aren't bald)

I did run MT E/T's on my 88 coupe Mustang w/NOS. I liked them, but they don't look that great to me. The stang had a cage and drag shocks, so I can't compare them to the Nitto's. They were really soft IMO. After a few runs, they were really feathered and, they were not allowed in the class I had to run the stang in at one of the local tracks here in Albany.

Thanks for your input guys...... :)

If you get nittos, get the 60's. The 50's are too short (25.7") to run much over 113 mph in the 1/4 with a stock long block.

I have a set of the BFG Drag Radials. They hook well, but the tread didn't last until the water gets hot (old expression). I know several of you know that you don't want to drive in wet weather on them. :eek:

I had 275/60 MT's on my WH1 and it cut a best of 1.57 60' and ran a 10.81. I put them on in the spring and made about 6 trips to the track(drove it there on the DR's) and made quite a few nights of street racing which is usually abour 175 miles a night by the time we make all the spots and they still had quite a bit of rubber left in the fall. I am sure they would not wear well for a daily driver but for a Saturday night car I was pleasently surprised. I got caught in the rain with them twice and they did OK as along as it wasn't a really hard rain with standing water on the road.

Where to buy tires?

I think I am going to go back with the Nitto. I am running a 16", and found the best price on discounttire.com for $136/tire with free shipping. They only offer the 50 series in a 16" according to the website.

Where do you guys buy your tires?

DOUNVME said:
They only offer the 50 series in a 16" according to the website.

Nitto 16" DR's are only 245/50.

255/50 would be a better choice as the small difference in height could equal 1+ mph in the 1/4 mile.

If you want a sticky tire for the street (and not need the absolute best 1/4 mile performance), they are a good the way to go, however.

It seems like people favor the Nitto's over the BFG's cause they fair better in water not so much that they hook better. Also it seems that the Nitto's last longer as far as tread goes. I have Nitto's now an like them have done soem smokeys with'em an they hold up.. IMO for a every day driver that see's some track time Nittos' s are the way to go.. For a garage queen that rarely gets out an when it does its just on Sundays for a cruise an see's some track time then the MT's might be the ticket.. I got BFG's on front of my car so i'm gonna change to BFG's this time I guess since I rarely go to track an rarely drive my car. 1000 m.i. in the last 12 months..

DOUNVME said:
I think I am going to go back with the Nitto. I am running a 16", and found the best price on discounttire.com for $136/tire with free shipping. They only offer the 50 series in a 16" according to the website.

Where do you guys buy your tires?

The 255/50/16 MT Drag Radials are 26.0" tall 10.3" wide (section width) Tread is actually 9.7"

I can get you a set for $155 each shipped.

MT Drag Radials are hands down the best hooking radial out there.

Back