You can type here any text you want

best exh. sound

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

john evans

i know this has been discussed a million times on here,but what is the general concensus on the best sounding exh. for our cars.
i currently have a 3" dynomax exh. and its pretty quiet, single tailpipe.i'm interested in a more aggressive tone but not open downpipe.thanks:D

Put an Afterburner or Warlock, and Your sound will defenitly change...

Ultraflows are quiet enough for an everyday ride but still have a good deep tone where you know somethings up with the car. You may want more than that though.
fyi.

Edelbrock exhaust is perfect for me. Has a nice rumble and good on the interstate. I leave the dump cap on the THDP and no boost change= no restriction. I also race with the dump closed.

Trick.... Put a few washers on the dump cap ( leaving a small crack)to get the perfect whistle.

HTH
Bo

I like the ATR cat back, it's a little more money than some but seems to work well, IMO sounds nice, and I've gone 10.75@124 through it.

HTH
Steve

Dynomax muffler, electric cutout. Loud when I want it.. quiet when I want it ;)

I still liked my SLP cat back. Nice and quiet and mellow at idle. Loud, but not ATR raspy loud, when at WOT. Very nice sound IMHO :)

I've had Hooker on my TTA and I have ATR on my GN. Honestly, I like the Hooker sound better - I may take the ATR's off and put Aerochambers on.

Razor's reccomendation is a great one. Cut outs are fun and when they grade on you you close them. A turbo spooling through open exhaust is as addictive a sound as a Big-Block through Flowmasters.;)

Back