You can type here any text you want

Best Flowing Mufflers

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

getdowngranny

Mr. Fix It
Alright, time to get rid of the back pressure hungry flowmasters. I want the best flowing, streetable mufflers for our application. I bought the car with the flowmasters and i want to swap them out. The exhaust is basically all brand new and its 2.5 duals. I want to do it right the first time. Any recommendations?

Alright, time to get rid of the back pressure hungry flowmasters. I want the best flowing, streetable mufflers for our application. I bought the car with the flowmasters and i want to swap them out. The exhaust is basically all brand new and its 2.5 duals. I want to do it right the first time. Any recommendations?

No doubt about it (IMHO).........ATR's Pit Bull Mufflers in either 2 1/2" or 3" sizes in either stainless steel or their aluminumized steel mufflers.

Although these are getting harder to find, they do become available from time to time (just gotta keep an eye open for them and grab them fast, cause they never stay for sale very long)!

There are several turbo specific mufflers that flow very well too and are more readily available.

Hooker AeroChamber, Pypes, Walkers Dyno Max ultra-flows, just to mention a few. I am sure there are more.
Will let the others chime in with their recommendations on these.

Just be sure to install these using a band clamp. It'll make it much easier to remove should you ever wish to take them off.

Attachments

• ATR Pit Bulls 5.jpg
    ATR Pit Bulls 5.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 533
  • ATR Pit Bull Mufflers 008.jpg
    ATR Pit Bull Mufflers 008.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 565
I like the Ultra Flows. They came with my ATR 2.5 dual exahust when I bought it new. It was before the Pit Bulls were made. But couldnt be happier with them. Ran 10.80s through them on a stock motored car.

Dynomax Ultraflows. You can look thru one end and see out the other. It's a smooth perforated tube inside. A very free flowing muffler. Best of all you can still buy them new from places such as Jegs or Summit.

Has anyone done a back-to-back test? I'd be interested to see what performance improvement can be made by swapping out Flowmasters for something like the Ultraflows. If I could drop a tenth in the 1/4 mile then I'd do the swap for sure.

Has anyone done a back-to-back test? I'd be interested to see what performance improvement can be made by swapping out Flowmasters for something like the Ultraflows. If I could drop a tenth in the 1/4 mile then I'd do the swap for sure.

I've not done one with a 1/4 mile track, but I have swapped from Flowmasters to Ultraflows and noticed a seat of the pants difference as well as the ability to spin the engine at a little higher rpm with the Ultraflows as opposed to the Flows.

Is any one running straight eaxhaust with no mufflers?

I run a custom side exit exhaust with no muffler. It does have a working cat.
It's a little loud, nice rumble to it, but most people are surprised there is no muffler. Started with an ATR single shot pipe after the cat. Cut it next to the driveshaft, then manufactured a custom side exit. It turns 60 deg., then drops and splits to go under the frame. It does not hang any lower than other systems, except at the frame. Pics in my album.

I have a GN1 Performance dual 3" stainless steel system on my GN and the mufflers are a straight through design. The car went into the 9's with them, so I guess they're ok! :wink:

Claude. :smile:

Has anyone tried out the dynomax VT mufflers, they have a valve in them that eliminates drone and opens up when you put your foot in it? They seem like a good concept for our cars.

Back