You can type here any text you want

Best Gta Wheel

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BOOSTD1

What Is The Best Way To Remove The Clearcoat And Polish Gta Wheels I Have 2 Sets To Do

The best way to remove the clearcoat is to use Aircraft stripper. When I re-did my GTAs they were in pretty bad shape so I used aircraft stripper to remove the clearcoat and the paint on the center section. For those stubborn spots I used a fine wirewheel on my cordless drill and it took care of it in a snap. For the outer rim I used a scotchbrite and 800,100,1200 grit wet or dry sand paper to remove small imperfections. To finish I used a polishing wheel (orange in color) and some metal polishing compound on my bench grinder and it shined up the rims really nice. I painted the centers black with a spray gun. I think they look great. i would eventually like to remove them and have them done professionally but Im on a limited budget so I did what I could afford. HTH's.

What Is The Best Way To Remove The Clearcoat And Polish Gta Wheels I Have 2 Sets To Do
i took my wheels to a plating shop and had them chemically stripped also had a set bead blasted with glass not sand then i sanded the lip with 400 grit and polished right up

Back