Best Injector Brands for our Cars?

SpeedRacerX

Precision, SMP, Siemens, Lucas, whatever Eric sells, etc...

What's a good brand for our cars?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I have the 80 lb Siemens injectors and they work great with my setup. Rebuilt motor with 6466 Precision turbo, Walbro 255 lph fuel pump, alky with 100 octane fuel, stock intercooler, forged bottom end, TA roller rockers, 212/212 cam.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I have the 80 lb Siemens injectors and they work great with my setup. Rebuilt motor with 6466 Precision turbo, Walbro 255 lph fuel pump, alky with 100 octane fuel, stock intercooler, forged bottom end, TA roller rockers, 212/212 cam.

Stock fuel lines?
Have you run it yet?

Stock fuel lines?
Have you run it yet?

Yes, stock fuel lines.
No, I have not ran it yet. I plan on running it at the local 1/8 mile track on 5/11. I will report back with my time slips after that date.

I only have experience with some old 42# injectors and 120# precision injectors. Nothing wrong with the 120# precisions imo

93/alky, stock lines, combo went 10.33@129 w/ a lot left in it. I posted about the pass below:

I'm not sure the "brand" means much. A lot of injectors are re-branded and made by only the larger electronic companies.

It's more like having a tune that is specific to those injectors that counts. Opening/closing times and voltage off-set graphs in the tune can be critical when tuning a new set-up from scratch. Spray patterns can be different or better or worse depending on size, even from the same manufacturer, so, on and so on. And I believe chip burners perfect their tunes to a specific injector as well.

With an aftermarket engine management set-up, all this get's blended into the tune (sort-of). But maybe you should check with the chip maker when choosing the brand and size. This way it's a well matched combo.

I'm not sure the "brand" means much. A lot of injectors are re-branded and made by only the larger electronic companies.

It's more like having a tune that is specific to those injectors that counts. Opening/closing times and voltage off-set graphs in the tune can be critical when tuning a new set-up from scratch. Spray patterns can be different or better or worse depending on size, even from the same manufacturer, so, on and so on. And I believe chip burners perfect their tunes to a specific injector as well.

With an aftermarket engine management set-up, all this get's blended into the tune (sort-of). But maybe you should check with the chip maker when choosing the brand and size. This way it's a well matched combo.
Bison will be doing my tune with the ecu-gn. I don't think he cares about the brands. Me, on the other hand, I tend to overthink everything. Lol.

Some of you guys who have been around way longer than I have do know of certain parts to absolutely avoid, i.e. certain headers which is why I was checking.

Bison will be doing my tune with the ecu-gn. I don't think he cares about the brands. Me, on the other hand, I tend to overthink everything. Lol.

Some of you guys who have been around way longer than I have do know of certain parts to absolutely avoid, i.e. certain headers which is why I was checking.

I'm sure Bison will have the perfect injector in mind for your application. When splitting hairs, different brand injectors at a similar flow rate may tune better or worse (easier or harder) at different load points/rpms. He tunes often and may have his favorites.

As far as reliability and longevity, I haven't heard of any real loser among the common brands that we use. But then again, I have had the same injectors for over 15 years now.

I bet that holds true, just like batteries there are only three major companies in North America that produce them and then re-branded( east penn,exide, and Johnson controls )

I like the Holly injectors which are what the SMP injectors used to be. They flow the advertised rates not less and the bigger ones don't lock up with high pressures. I also like the look of stainless steel.

I bet that holds true, just like batteries there are only three major companies in North America that produce them and then re-branded( east penn,exide, and Johnson controls )
Outstanding job Grass Doctor you have done your homework and are correct about there only being three battery manufacturers the injectors are basically the same 90% of most companies out there or just reusing the Bosch I personally like and use the deatschwerks injectors and fuel pumps they are absolutely awesome just ask Richard Clark he'll tell you how good the pumps are,and the injectors are just as good