You can type here any text you want

Best parts/method to lower our cars

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

dragrazor

I am very very sorry if this has been beat up alot but i was hoping you guys can give me direction as to how to lower our tr's. I did a search on here but got conflicting ideas/opinions. Is there any tried and true method to do this? I am looking for about a 1-2 inch drop all around but do not want it slammed causing me headaches. Are eibach springs the way to go? Thank you in advance.

Remember that lowering the car may not lower it the way you want. The car is 25 years old now and most of them have worn springs ect under them by now so using a "lowering" spring may not lower it but raise it.. Before you decide on one method you're better off buying a kit of parts rather than piece it together with miss matched parts. You also have to consider that Eibach springs are designed more for a V8 car than a V6 car so they'll likely ride a litte harsh.

Now that I've said this what do you plan on doing with the car? drag racing, road course, or?????

If you just want "the look" then go dropped spindles and stock springs. If you want something better then you need to realize that there's a bunch of different parts that can lower the car and make it work better on the road as well as the track.:)

I put lowering springs on my 85 and raised the front ~1"!
but then with the lowering springs on the back, I got the car
to sit like I wanted.

Attachments

• 85 T type resized.jpg
    85 T type resized.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 64
Before you lower anything, measure the distance from your front tires to the fender lips
(If the passengers side tire's out more, you Must straighten the front clip first or you'll tire rub)

Enjoy!

He is absolutely correct, know where you are before you go someplace else.
That sadi though, with 235/60R15's on my 85, it didn't rub before I lowered/raised
the front end (installed lowering springs, which actually raised it, because of the old,
sagged front springs).

Back