You can type here any text you want

Best Route to BG from Charlotte?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Hot Air

E85 and S.E./Carolinas Moderator
Staff member
What is best route to Bowling Green from Charlotte, NC?
Conrad

get a plane ticket from charlotte airport to nashville and drive 40 minutes north

get a plane ticket from charlotte airport to nashville and drive 40 minutes north

See Conrad, I dont blame you if you just Smack Pat the next time you see him. Ill hold him for ya.

My guess would be 85 South out of Charlotte to 321 north into Hickory and then 40 west to Nashville and then the 40 minute drive north. That is my guess.

After going there almost every year since '99 I've learned it is actually quicker going up I-77N to I-40W,if starting out east of I-77. I've gone every other way possible.

K.

Keith,
I would never hae thought that would be faster! I'll give it a try.
Conrad

Is there ANYWAY in the world to get there without going through the mountains on 40? I will be honest I am scared to death to try to pull my trailer through there:eek:

I don't think so if one starts on the east coast. The Applachian mountains extend from Georgia to NY. Best to hit the mountain early morning when ambient temp is lowest to help tranny temps stay low. It would neat if someone with a car hauler would transport our cars out there and back for a nominal charge. Sure would save hauling all these trailers there and back.
Conrad

Is there ANYWAY in the world to get there without to try to pull my trailer through there:eek:

I fish in Tenn. all the time and one year I-40 was shut down because of a rock slide for almost the whole summer. I would go I-77 North to I-81 then pick I-40 back up just before Knoxville. Not too bad of a drive but is kind of out of the way. You worried about the D-Max not making it? :biggrin: It is really not too bad, just take your time.

Jim

FWIW,

I77-I81-I40...you are going way out of the way north and you still have to climb the mountain on I77.

I77 to I40 looks the best IF you can hit Asheville at non-rush hour.

Otherwise, go to I81. Asheville can be a BIG parking lot!

Conrad

Not worried about the D-Max at all. I am worried about my FRAZZLED NERVES making it:eek: I can not handle that mountain driving. When we went year before last I drove the wifes denalli and I swear by the time we got back through the mountians I had made finger indentions on that wheel I sqeezed it so hard:biggrin:

I guess I have made that run so many times I am just use to it. I have had Zack ask me to slow down, if you can believe that. I told him the fish were biting and we had to get there.:eek:

Damn Shane, you'd probably pass out with me driving the M3 through the mountains.

Alonzo

Alonzo, I wouldn't last that long. When I look over and see ROCK on one side and a bottemless drop on the other I tend to get quite nervous. I run 90+ on I-95 but I just hate 40 west lol!

Back