You can type here any text you want

Best shocks?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I have the KYB GR2s on my GN. Had them for years. Ride is nice and not harsh like Bilstiens IMHO. Never liked how those rode, but its just me here. I got a good deal on the KYBs. They werent expensive at all.

The KYB's get my vote. Got them front and back.

I put Bilsteins on the front,and they were so stiff that I took them off and sold them on CL.

Good luck if you have to compress them a bit to get them on. I had to put a scissors jack under the Bilsteins to get them to compress so I could get the bolts in the lower control arm. I even leaned right on the other one with my 220lb self and could not compress the other one.

Sure,you are putting them on the back,but my guess is that they would be the same story.

I felt every single bump with the Billsteins. Might just as well weld a steel bar in there.

The KYB's I found to be a bit softer. Just right.

Some black paint and a little WD
And your good to go
That's what tire kingdom does lol

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

The KYB's get my vote. Got them front and back.

I put Bilsteins on the front,and they were so stiff that I took them off and sold them on CL.

Good luck if you have to compress them a bit to get them on. I had to put a scissors jack under the Bilsteins to get them to compress so I could get the bolts in the lower control arm. I even leaned right on the other one with my 220lb self and could not compress the other one.

Sure,you are putting them on the back,but my guess is that they would be the same story.

I felt every single bump with the Billsteins. Might just as well weld a steel bar in there.

The KYB's I found to be a bit softer. Just right.

Agreed. I got my full set of KYBs for the price of one Bilstien. Just saying. My GN still rides great with them. Wouldnt trade them for the world.

You know,just to be fair here... If I drove my GN where the roads were as smooth as glass,I might opt for the Bilsteins again. The firmer ride might help with cornering and control on smooth roads.

But,up here in upstate NY,the Bilsteins didn't work out so well. The firm ride meant my car was slamming over potholes,pavement heaves and ruts. This one particular road that I travel often has a few mini speed bumps. I'd try to slow down,but traffic would be right up my a$$.

I can cruise over those speed bumps with the KYB's. They are not as squishy as Monroe's or Gabriels,but they are more tolerable than the Bilsteins.

So,I guess it all boils down to what the condition of the roads is that you'll be traveling on. Smooth roads?...Bilsteins. Roads like washboards? Something besides Bilsteins or else you will be slamming your car over bumps,possibly bringing on lots of squeaks and rattles.

You know,just to be fair here... If I drove my GN where the roads were as smooth as glass,I might opt for the Bilsteins again. The firmer ride might help with cornering and control on smooth roads.

But,up here in upstate NY,the Bilsteins didn't work out so well. The firm ride meant my car was slamming over potholes,pavement heaves and ruts. This one particular road that I travel often has a few mini speed bumps. I'd try to slow down,but traffic would be right up my a$$.

I can cruise over those speed bumps with the KYB's. They are not as squishy as Monroe's or Gabriels,but they are more tolerable than the Bilsteins.

So,I guess it all boils down to what the condition of the roads is that you'll be traveling on. Smooth roads?...Bilsteins. Roads like washboards? Something besides Bilsteins or else you will be slamming your car over bumps,possibly bringing on lots of squeaks and rattles.
That's good to know, luckily I have decent roads around here

Just wanted to thank those who replied--decision has been made thanks to your input. Cost and the conditions of the roads have made me decide on the KYBs.

These are what I have on my GN right now.

343127 - Front

343157 - Rear

Jegs has them for $25 each for the front, and $20 each for the rear. And they have a $40 rebate going until April 30th. HTH.

Back