You can type here any text you want

Best speakers to replace stock "consert sound"

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

scot w.

GNSperformance.com
Like the title say's,

I recently had a buddy give me a nice JVC head unit and i installed it and it looks, works and sounds fine. But i know the power of the JVC can easily kill the stock speakers.

SO, What would be a really decent sounding speaker at a decent price that will fit in all the factory areas???

Please list brand names
Please list sizes
Possible model #'s

Thanks in advance!
Scot W.

Your new JVC head unit wont "kill" your stock speakers. However if you want better sound, you will need to upgrade your speakers. Here is a list of brands you can go with

Best: Focal, Morel, Dynaudio

Excellent: JL Audio, Diamond, Boston

Good: Infinity, JBL, Polk

Yes 4 x 10' are hard to find. Kicker, Pioneer, and Powerbass are the brands that I know of off the top of my head that still makes them. I would go with the adaptor and put 6 x 9's in instead.

Your new JVC head unit wont "kill" your stock speakers. However if you want better sound, you will need to upgrade your speakers. Here is a list of brands you can go with

Best: Focal, Morel, Dynaudio

Excellent: JL Audio, Diamond, Boston

Good: Infinity, JBL, Polk

Yes 4 x 10' are hard to find. Kicker, Pioneer, and Powerbass are the brands that I know of off the top of my head that still makes them. I would go with the adaptor and put 6 x 9's in instead.
Thanks for the speaker list!

I can bet you that it CAN KILL the stock speakers! It's a 180W head unit and with the volume on 35 the Ol' stockers are already starting to cry!! ;)

Thanks for your help! Keep the tips coming!!!

I had JL Audio & Diamond Audio in my last GN and liked them pretty well.

PS: I'm just looking for a real nice clear sounding system. I would like to hear all the Mids & Highs more than a bass pownding system.

Maybe a Bazooka bass tube????

Scot W.

You cant go wrong with JL Audio or Diamond Audio. If you want better look at Morel, Dynaudio, or Focal. They are one of the best speakers for car audio hands down. In a different league than what most people talk about on these forums. However if you go this route, you may want to look into a bigger amplifier than what your CD player can put out. What ever speaker system you go with, you should use a little bit of Dynamat. Makes a world of difference. The more the better, but also the heavier.

I would say stay away from the Bazooka tube. Most all in one systems are terrible. Piece together a sub/amp combo, and you will be more happy in the long run.

And you are right, you can kill your stock speakers with your amp in your CD player, but that would be from pure abuse. I would bet that your 180w deck is only putting out about 60-70 watts continuous power total(or 15 watts per channel). Most CD players have crappy amps built in them. Little tiny chips are all they are.

I installed Boston acoustics after hearing them at a demo.
For the price i dont think there is a better sounding speaker out there.
Ebay had the best prices.
Do your homework and get a good amp that meets the requirements and youll be happy.

And of course they have higher series ones but I can only comment on teh fit and finish of these.

Dash and door speakers i did wire in a cap for bass block as my amp's HPF was not what I wanted.:cool:

Dash
Boston Acoustics - Mobile Audio - Products

DOORS

Rear deck

Used 4x10 to 6x9 adapters in the rear with no issues

I have for sale brand new never used polk 5.25 MMC5250 component speakers in box. $125+$15 shipping. They are high end speakers.

Back