You can type here any text you want

Best street tires for our cars for rainy weather

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GN owner

Driving on wet highway concrete pavement yesterday and tried to accelerate normally and not getting into it at all and the car went sideways which took me and my wife by surprise. :eek: I am currently running Bridgestones 235-60-15 which came with the car.
What tire has the best wet weather traction for our cars? Does anyone have any recommendations (tire size/brand) or experience with tires with good traction in rainy weather?

Fusion makes a pretty soft compound, and they are pretty cheap. Or just becareful in the rain ;)

I'm guessing that you are running an old set of Bridgestone HP41's?? If so, They haven't been made in many years. They were good back in the day, but todayy's tires are light years ahead....

FWIW, I run new BFG Radial T/A's and I love them for everyday driving (I daily drive my GN, except in the wintertime) in all conditions (except racing :) ). I have driven them in the rain several times this year and they handled it like it wasn't raining outside.

Hope this helps,
John

hello; As far as the best rainy tire I don't know but as a daily driver I do believe I'am going to go with an all season tire. I think you have to compromize and consider all conditions (except snow). Whats best in the wet won't last long due to the compound. But just take it easy in it. I think my next tire is going to be a toyo. Also the wider the tire the worst it is in the rain. I'd like to here more comments on this subject also.
IBBY

+1 on the BFG Radial T/As. I've had them on my Buick and on my '66 Mustang GT Fastback I used to have, which was also a very fast car. In both cases they performed well in the rain as long as I was driving normally. Right now I'm running the stock wheels temporarily with a set of BFG Comp T/As which I also like a lot, but I don't think BFG has made them for a while now. That's just what was on the car when I bought it a little over 2 years ago. I will state for the record that I try my best not to get caught in the rain with my Buick (although I have gotten caught in it a few times), but when I had the Mustang I was in the military stationed in Florida and I just had to have an old muscle car even if it was to be my only vehicle in Florida for the better part of 2 years so it did see plenty of rain action.

hello; I was just looking for a 16" tires for my car and it seams the choice is getting slimmer as everything's getting larger in wheel dia. that is. I know the 215-75-15's on my van was definaetly limited.
goodluck
IBBY

hello; I've read good things about those T1r's but they don't have them in my size. I'am thinking about the proxes 4.
could you tell people how long those T1r's last you
thanks
IBBY

hello; I've read good things about those T1r's but they don't have them in my size. I'am thinking about the proxes 4.
could you tell people how long those T1r's last you
thanks
IBBY

I've had mine since 2005.... Still rolln.. : )

Thank you for all of the replies. Ever since that episode on the highway in the rain my wife has been adamant about getting new tires before driving my car again! As for me safety has to be considered as the number one reason for tire selection. So far the choices have been narrowed down to either the BFG Radial T/A or the Toyo t1r.

Jlat,

"Also the wider the tire the worst it is in the rain." I've heard about that also quite awhile ago and was even considering going back to the stock tire size 215-65-15 to get a narrower width tire.

Back