You can type here any text you want

Best suspension bang for buck besides wheels/tires?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Well so much for replacing the sway bar bushings. Apparently some ******* idiot that had the car before I did put nuts on the back of the bolts that hold the bushings for the sway bar to the frame so now I can't even get to one of the nuts. :mad:

Too bad they're too stupid to know the frame is tapped for the bolts for a reason. I love back woods jimmy rigging redneck shade-tree mechanics that go to any length possible to cut corners. :mad:

that sux, if you decide to replace the ball joints and bushings for the front arms I would just get the g-body tubular uper a arms by the time you get the ball joint and bushings you can almost buy the tubular upper a arms .

ah well I've decided just to go ahead and put the end links on...well it seems there's not enough rod to get the nut to even thread on...wtf?

Mabye the links you bought are too short and sometime when people do the sway bar wrong they strip the threads outta the frame..but idk im goin thru the same thing you are except everything on my car is rusted it sucks....I started out doing a hb conversion and when i went to bleed the brakes i realized how bad it was under there..

I bought new autozone duralast ball joints, inner and outer tie rods,etc i got a f body front sway bar from the junkyard,my car had monroe sensatracks on it and it appears the springs were prolly replaced at the same time cause they look nicer than everything else under there...so im keeping those..I bought energy suspension control arm bushings, swaybar links(i just bought the shortest ones az had and they were actually dang close to the ones that were on there) and swaybar bushings..I removed my brakes, spindles, shocks, control arms, and swaybar...i took everything but the swaybar to my local machine shop its costing me $190 to have them remove my lower balljoints(i did the uppers) remove my bushings sandblast my control arms and spindles,press in new lower balljoints and my new bushings...I managed to get one bump stop out and save it i stripped the other one.. I got the new wilwood bolt on calipers,summit drilled slotted rotors,and russell brake lines
I didnt wanna go thru all the conversions for big brakes and spend a gazillion so im hoping my upgrades work well..Im trying to figure out shocks right now i was thinkin lakewoods but now im prolly gonna bite the bullet and get qa1 r stocker stars...
I sold a 8.5 rear and posi for a buddy of mine that had to sell his car and parts cause of divorce in in return i got to keep the brand new iceman rear control arms and moroso trick springs, i bought a set of airbags at a swap meet and a hr bar and lower control arm reinforcements at norwalk a few weeks ago so im anxious to see how this all turns out...

Its like a big snowball but i keep reminding myself when im spending $$$$ that in the end i only gotta do it once and im investing in something im gonna keep for a long time so do it right.....

Well I managed to get the end links on. It was a bit of a PITA though. So I have new Moog end links but not frame mount bushings. Can't say I saw much increase in response, maybe a little.

When it comes time for the a arms up front I've considered going tubular, just can't justify the heavy cost.

Back