Best Synthetic Oil for my Z71 ?

Nacho_WE4

Ok so a couple weeks ago I bought a 2003 Tahoe Z71. I plan on driving this thing until it falls apart and then i can drop an LS2 in there :eek:

Anyway, what is the absolute best synthetic motor oil to put in there? I will be changing the oil religously every 3 months or 3,000 miles but I want the best protection possible.

Royal Purple? Redline? Mobile 1? Castrol GTX? I dunno. But I'd like as many opinions as possible...

Use dino oil. Thats the way they came from the factory. But if you insist....I always have used Mobil 1 when I use synthetic. Mobil oil and Wix filters here.

Jason

the best money can buy? vp oils are awesome. there is no need to change it every 3,000 miles. i believe vp guarantees the oil to not break down after something like 20,000 miles(with regular filter changes). i knew a guy that owned a speed shop and thats what he used in his 6 sec. alterd. he was using royal purple and was changing the oil every 5-6 runs i believe. with the vp the oil was outlasting the engine. and he said he was having less engine problems also. he sold both vp and royal purple and said he had the exact same mark up on each so it wasn't like he was just trying to sell the more expensive product and make some extra dough.

then there is amsoil, the stuff they say will last 100k miles.

but if your changing it every 3,000 miles just go with the 5,000 mile mobil synthetic blend. its cheap enough and will work just fine. if you insist on synthetic (which is better imho, there is less friction, thus less wear. but lets not open that can of worms again) mobil 1 would probably suit you best.

I bought a new to me '99 Suburban with about 60k miles for the wife last year. When we first got it and I changed the oil it seemed to get dirty pretty quickly(With in 2k miles or so it was real black) so I switched over to some Rotella 5W-40 synthetic on the advice of a business aquaintence. It seemed to clean the inside out and not get dirty like the dino oil I had tried. It is a diesel oil that I get by the gallon at wallyworld. I've been changing it at about 5k mile intervals and using a Wix 51060 filter, which is conveinient as my other Burb also uses that filter. We are at 95k miles now, and hoping it goes past 200k like the '94 we have that has 265k.

AMSoil

Amsoil is the best synthetic oil out there. also the first in synthetic oil also.

you can run the amsoil 25k and change the filter @ 12.5k. My buddy is a sales man and he has a 01 ford deisel 1ton that has over 300k on it and he uses the amsoil and changes it @ 25k.

i use it in the buick and it seems to hold up very well with the race gas and methanol.

my plans are to swap the truck over to ams oil when it gets 8-10 k on it.