You can type here any text you want

Best way to get at the grill out to install the tranny Cooler ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

fc227

1986 Grand National
What is the best way to get the grill out to install the tranny Cooler? The Olds was open from the bottom. So all I had to do was remove the radiator support side the radiator back and install the nylon ties though the AC condenser and from the bottom, I slid the cooler up into place and snugged down the Nylon ties. Snaked the hoses though the side by the radiator and connect the hoses.

That part No Problem, but is there an easy way to get behind the grill on the GN?

This is a Perma cool unit so it is about 3" thick . I might have a clearance problem with the X brace also .

????

Jack the car up some. If you still have the radiator boxing flaps unbot them. Reach up to the top part of the grill with a long extention and a 10mm socket to get the 3 bolts that hold it on. Unhook the springs at the bottom too. I attached my trans cooler to the front side of the cross braces with cable clamps that have a rubber sleeve in them. That way I could center the cooler on the X. I found some plasic spacers at HD to offset the clamp on the 2 ends that were mounted to the cross bar that was behind so the cooler is flat.

Back