Best way to sell a GN??

like i said. if messin with it now gets ya mad, store it. save up some money over the next year. trust me, absence makes the heart grow fonder :)
youll see, after a year, youll be missing it like crack cocaine man.

My Buick was my daily driver until I got my Vette. It's an '06 with intake, headers, and a tune. It's probably putting down about 400rwhp, but feels much stronger than my Buick. The Vette gets about 22mpg driving to work, where the Buick was getting less than 17mpg. The Buick rarely gets out now, and frankly I'm considering selling it even though I don't have a space constraint.

If you can live with a 2-seater, the new Vettes are incredible. New engine for '08 too ;) .

If I sell, I'll probably post here and cars.com. I've sold several specialty cars via the internet in the last few years with pretty good success. Cars.com and similar free, generic sites get as much serious traffic as the vehicle-specific forums. Be patient. 3-4 months isn't uncommon for this type of car.

That first post.. see how many parts are dropping off the planet? If we didnt have kirbans/postons/gbodyparts.com.. we'd be SCREWED, even more than we are right now. Let something happen (got forbid) like a bad storm, level kirbans for example.. Do you know what that would do to our cars? its not like theyre chevells or corvettes, where they have endless amounts of catalogs like year one, jegs, summits, jc whitney etc etc.
You can count on your left hand how many overall parts stores we have here in the U.S. for our cars.
I think you're giving a little too much credit to Kirban, IMO he's a used car and parts dealer specializing in GN's...just my opinion as I have several friends that have bought cars from him and I was not impressed, he knows how to hide things. Right now there are not any companies that I'm aware of making aftermarket repro speciality parts for our cars, besides some interior items and a few motor parts, those would be the "heros", everyone else is just buying salvage cars and parting them out, any of us could do that. Not bashing your comment, I just don't like Kirban that much, the prices he asks for are rediculous.

I 100% agree with your reasons why not to drive a TR daily. My wife wants one to drive all the time that would be her own car, I show her posts all the time about members' TR's getting stolen almost weekly...I figure if she drove one everyday, it would be less than a year before it was stolen from her work or the mall etc..
Anyway....I wonder if YearOne or anybody else will eventually be making enough aftermarket parts where you can build a brand new GN from aftermarket parts like you can do with the 69 or so Camaro??

Yea, i agree with you about kirbans. but nonetheless, they got a lot of parts for our cars. The way I see it is... the more ya drive your car, the more youre increasing your chances of getting it stolen or wrecked. period.

If its a low mile car and really clean, yeah dont drive it daily. Over 100,000 miles? A wiped out front suspension? Paint job not perfect? Hell yeah...drive it every day if need be. As far as the GM parts industry being so fragile...I really dont think so. If theres a dollar to be made, and one vendor falls off the planet, another guy will step in. Its not that bad. The majority of our parts are straight up buick regal parts from a wide range of years. What makes it different is blackout trim, a turbo system, a different governor in the tranny, slightly higher stall converter..all things that can be bought anywhere. if you have a brake accumulator go bad and Kirbans goes under....yeah you have a point. But then theres always the junkyards, ebay, forums, etc.

yea.. i sort of agree. i would also daily drive a semi beat up tr as well. but the anal restorator in me, would baby it just the same. though not as much i presume. Id love a daily driver tr too.

I was on my couch asleep in New Orleans. I had a fuel pump kill switch and a steering column lock and somebody stole it ( presumably with a rollback ). While I was laying there. I woke up and thought it was a bad joke my grlfriend was playing. I wanted to puke. If you put one where people can get their hands on it...there is a higher than average chance that somebody will. I am probably a little more scared/careful than I should be but mine stays in a locked shop at a relatives house that you can't even see from the road. I would't even think of parking it at a mall...hell...anywhere unattended for more than a few minutes. I might be queer about it , but nobody is gonna put their greasy booger hooks on it with out my permission. I drive mine on weekends but everybody is different.

chris