Best way to sell a GN??

Adam Connell

Monster Truckin since 87'
Well... it's now been a few months... I have had fun with the car... but I dont think me and this car are on the same page... It's a big toy... there is absolutely nothing practical about it and it is a money pit... So Im sad to say that Im going to put my GN on the market. Im going to put just a bit more into the interior, but Im going to have it listed on several different sites for sale... I like autotrader, but what do yall like? Ebay in general sucks for getting a decent prices if you're trying to sell, but Im not in any hurry to dump this thing.

Also do yall think 13,500$ is a fair asking price?? I paid 10K but, the car was not running and I put well over 2K into it to get it running plus a ton of restoration items. The car is definately 1-1.5 points higher on the scale then when I bought it.

Im just listing it, and in all honesty I am in no hurry to get rid of it so Im willing to wait for the right person to come along who wants a nice car that does not need a whole lot of work...

Oh ya, Im not stepping away from speed BTW... Im going to put a stroker engine in my jeep and buy a new motorcycle when my other one sells... the stroker for the jeep isnt for speed though, just to haul my racing trailer better.

So what do yall think is the best way to sell a GN?

Well... it's now been a few months... I have had fun with the car... but I dont think me and this car are on the same page... It's a big toy... there is absolutely nothing practical about it and it is a money pit... So Im sad to say that Im going to put my GN on the market. Im going to put just a bit more into the interior, but Im going to have it listed on several different sites for sale... I like autotrader, but what do yall like? Ebay in general sucks for getting a decent prices if you're trying to sell, but Im not in any hurry to dump this thing.

Also do yall think 13,500$ is a fair asking price?? I paid 10K but, the car was not running and I put well over 2K into it to get it running plus a ton of restoration items. The car is definately 1-1.5 points higher on the scale then when I bought it.

Im just listing it, and in all honesty I am in no hurry to get rid of it so Im willing to wait for the right person to come along who wants a nice car that does not need a whole lot of work...

Oh ya, Im not stepping away from speed BTW... Im going to put a stroker engine in my jeep and buy a new motorcycle when my other one sells... the stroker for the jeep isnt for speed though, just to haul my racing trailer better.

A 20 year old car that 's a money pit? That's an oxymoron!.. I saw your age the car is older than you are.. I would sell it and when you are older buy other one to really appriciate the car better.

Why would you spend 10k on a car that didnt run? I think your better to go on auto trader or ebay becuase this site is not gonna bring you 13.5k all they have to do is do a search and see how you have been treating the car and whats been wrong with it. I think thats a high price for a car with that kinda miles but jmho

Best way to sell a GN

If it's a clean car, put a for sale sign in the window and take it to car shows. Or run it at the drag strip. Even if it doesnt sell you'll have fun with it and may decide to keep it:biggrin: ...

Its a real clean car... thats why I think can ask so much... It is the cleanest one I have seen without it being totally original... Also, I have not abused this car hardly at all... I ran twice at the strip, and take it out twice a week. I do more freeway driving going from carmeet to carmeet than anything... this cardoesnt see a lot of abuse compared to what I read about on here... I think Im just going to hang a for sale sign on it... I get offers a lot, but I doubt any of them are serious...

I dont think I will even own another one of these... just not my car. If I ever get another fast car it will most likely be one of the new GTOs or a Vette down the road. For now Im going back to motorcycles... with motorcycles I can have my cake and eat it too... :D

How can you say it's not practical? First time i ever heard someone say that a GN isn't practical. Anyways good luck with the sale. I wouldn't put it up for sale on here cause people will research and find this thread. Try putting it on cars.com, I sold my 03 cobra on there but it took 3 months.

Well, I personally wouldn't pay 13.5 for your car. Why? Because from what ive read, its not worth it. Why did you pay 10k for a non-running car?

I paid 10,300 for mine, and so far have put 5,750-6k into the car so far. Most of it is the transmission. If i were to sell my car, the high end i'd expect 12.5k. With the V4 intercooler off, i'd say 12k or so. I havent done many upgrades either.

Anyways, i think the price you're asking is a little much.

I believe the rule of thumb is, you put 2k into the car, you may get 1k out of it in the end. But if its things that need to be done, (transmission, engine, rear end) then i don't think you'll get much from upgrading those.

For best results, put it on ebay, autotrader come spring time.

Should have looked at many cars before deciding on that car, maybe you rushed into it? Maybe not. I'm younger then you, and the car has cost me money, but they were mostly because i did something wrong. Even though the car cost me so much money, i still love it and dont wanna sell it.

-Adam

practical

Comming from someone who's allways had vettes with three kids, the GN is very practical. Best groc. getter ever made for a gear head!! I paid 6500 for mine last spring w/132k, one rusted quarter but otherwise clean. Wish it was a little better but it is what it is. Think it over before selling it. You may regret it later. I would have sold the vette years ago, but the wife says she doesn't want to hear any complaining later so it stays. By the way I was your age when I bought it in 1989, my wife used to hate that car back then!!

Sorry to hear....

your decission to sell, but I can understand the bike issue. Even if the gn were a convertable, it would not have the same effect. Go w/the sign and autotrader. posting the price on the sign would eliminate a lot of tire kickers.
Good luck w/the sale and your next endeaver.:cool: Who knows, you may be back!:biggrin:

DSCF0011.jpg

Here ya go.

The new engine and turbo bouth have 7500 miles on them. The tires are less than 1000 old. The whole front end is fresh paint and is less than 1 year old. The back half is 8 years old. Im thinking about repainting the back half just because I do that sort of work, and have access to a paint booth and the proper equipment. No Rust, Non smoker, no serious accidents.

Also I paid 10,000 for a car with a leaking stock radiator and a bad MAF sensor and a dead fuel pump. It's not like it was really dead, just not drivable.

Also Im not trying to sell this thing ASAP... I dont hate the car, but there are other things I would like to do right now. If someone offers me 13,500 they can have it, but Im not too willing to budge. I guess it's not so much that I want to get rid of it, but if someone wants it more than I do and has the money to boot then I will sell it...;)

I guess it's not so much that I want to get rid of it, but if someone wants it more than I do and has the money to boot then I will sell it...;)

Well, i think all of us may be like that. If someone slapped 15k or something like that in front of my face for my car, i'd take it! I'd just go get another one.

Go put a sign in the window and see if anyone real interested in it comes around.

How bout some more pictures??

-Adam

From the pic that is a very nice looking GN for that many miles. But considering I can find several GN with around 30-40k miles on them unmodified for around $17k I'd take them for just a few $k more. $13k for a non-original and rebuilt motor GN is too high. You actually paid too much for the car to start with, around $6-7k would have been about right just going by the description of what it was, and $10k in its current condition.

Just put the car on E-bay and see what happens, it's better than trying to explain yourself here. Barrett-Jackson fever is ready to start and what you get for your car may surprise everyone. Good luck.

Crazy

Your crazy, I agree with everyone these cars are very practical, more so than a Vette! My suggestion is cover it, store it and sell it in 10 to 20 years. I promise you and write this on a piece of paper, if you sell now you will kick your self in the tail ten years from now.

its not practical. its a rare, expensive car, that you cant, and shouldnt be driving everyday. theyre collectible muscle cars. not daily drivers. period.
these are weekend cars now, and i can see where people would get tired or worried trying to drive them everyday. though, id keep it if i were you. thats a sweet ride.
what i dont get is, 'if people see this thread, or this board' statements... who care if they see this thread, or this board. so?? theres not a one thread here, detailing him totally abusing the car, or trying to pass it off as something its not. I dont see the problem. show me one performance car for sale, that can PROVE its 'never been abused' or the popular one 'never been raced' this board proves nothing other than he wants something else now. 8 outta ten times the members of this board take care of their rides here. i dont think hell have a problem selling that car for 11 grand. probably not much more than that though.