You can type here any text you want

Best way to wire up fuel pump on NA Regal turbo swap??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Donniejr81

Im swapping an '85 hot air drivetrain into an '85 NA Regal. Since the Regal was a factory carb car, what exactly has to be done to get the fuel pump/fuel injection to work like its supposed to? I have already swapped the underhood and dash wiring harnesses, ECM, and instrument panel but have yet to touch the tank or any associated wiring or plumbing. Would it just be as simple as putting in a tank w/ electric fuel pump and wiring it with a keyed 12v hotwire and relay? Or is it more complicated?

Hmmmm.

Hot wire kit for the fuel pump.

Probably need the connector and the intank pump. You can buy replacement tank sender at auto zone and add a walpro pump.

Need to power the hot wire relay from the new turbo ECM wire harness.

I may be easier to setup an external pump like a bosch customer hot wire kit and tie in the relay to the ECM (the ECM powers on the FP for 5 seconds to pressurize the system).

Thats what I did in my hybrid porsche.

I hadnt thought of an inline pump...thats a good idea. I'll start checking prices and availability of stuff I'd need to do it both ways? What would be a good PSI and LPH range for a mildly modded hotair if I go with inline?

I hadnt thought of an inline pump...thats a good idea. I'll start checking prices and availability of stuff I'd need to do it both ways? What would be a good PSI and LPH range for a mildly modded hotair if I go with inline?

Walbro GSL392 and be done with it.

Back