BFG 275/50R15 on stock t-type wheel

If you do a search, you will find plenty of information regarding that. The minimun requirement as far as width is concern will be 8" anything smaller the tire will bulge and will look ugly IMO. 275 is the widest you can go on the rear. I hope that helps.

I ran 265 50 15's on t wheels and they crown in the middle even under inflating did not help.
Stepped up to a 8 inch rear wheel and 275 50 15 and they still crown so a 8 inch is still not wide enough either.

I ran the 275/50-15 BFG DR's on my stock T wheels for over a year. I needed a 1/4" spacer so they wouldnt rub, but otherwise the wear wasnt bad at all. Aired down, they would leave a very even strip on the launch, but did crown out on the interstate enought to wear them uneven. a burnout or 2 solved that no problem.
I beleive i was running 14-16psi in them most of the time, its been awhile though so i dont really remember.
I have since found a set of 8.5" wheels with perfect backspacing that look 100% like a T wheel, much better fit with them
Gary

thanks so much for the info guys... I just need something wide and sticky, but yet streetable. I search for hours and don't have hours to spend, so that's why I post and I appreciate the feedback!

thanks so much for the info guys... I just need something wide and sticky, but yet streetable. I search for hours and don't have hours to spend, so that's why I post and I appreciate the feedback!

275/60 BFGDR's work better than the 50's. They will fit better and last longer on a set of stock rims than the 50's will, too.

I might go with the M/T 255s next time. I run 235s on the street and 275/60 at the track. The 275/50s bulged out and rubbed on my T. I didn't want to run spacers.

275 50s

They fit on GN wheels, I didn't need a spacer but used one anyway. They burnout with even patches, however, they do wear out in the center as mentioned above when travelling highway.

I commute daily in fine weather with mine. I did notice a lot of "squirm" when I first installed them, but that seemed to go away as they wore in a bit. I'll most likely attempt to run the 60s next time for more tire size.

I decided to go with them with a spacer, we'll see how they look when I get them and stick them on.

I wish the M/T's weren't on backorder, but it's worth a run with these just to see!

Again, thanks

pics

got them on today, they're looking pretty sweet IMO...

IMG_0061.jpg

IMG_0060.jpg

IMG_0059.jpg

thanks for the help

very nice, those are just a TON wider than a /60 series. that solid center is huge isnt it!. you should have no problems hooking as i used to launch at 8psi on the street with no problems
Gary

They look nice and meaty. I would have run them but I'm not a fan of spacers.

I ran the 275/50-15 BFG DR's on my stock T wheels for over a year. I needed a 1/4" spacer so they wouldnt rub, but otherwise the wear wasnt bad at all. Aired down, they would leave a very even strip on the launch, but did crown out on the interstate enought to wear them uneven. a burnout or 2 solved that no problem.
I beleive i was running 14-16psi in them most of the time, its been awhile though so i dont really remember.
I have since found a set of 8.5" wheels with perfect backspacing that look 100% like a T wheel, much better fit with them
Gary

What is the back spacing on the factory we4 rim? I've got a set of 8&5/8 w 3.5 bs and I'm thinking about the 275/50/15 on all 4. Will it fit is the bib question.