BG weather

ChrisCairns

Ugh !

According to the long range forecast BG will have thunderstorms on the 13th and 14th. That's as far in the future as the weather page shows right now.

Not looking good.

There is about as good a chance of forecasting the weather that far in advance as there is seeing Moses driving his GN down the track. I'm going with the wishfull/positive thinking idea.

Originally posted by turbov6joe
There is about as good a chance of forecasting the weather that far in advance as there is seeing Moses driving his GN down the track. I'm going with the wishfull/positive thinking idea.

You're probably right.I don't think Chuck is bringing a car this year.:D

A local metorologist that I used to talk to regularly told me that the only accuracy in weather forecasting is about 24 hours in advance. Everyday thereafter, the percentage of accuracy goes down by a huge percentage! She said that I had about as much chance of forecasting the 7 day forecast as she. The way weather patterns change at an instance makes it entirely too difficult to predict. Besides, it doesn't matter what the forecast is, be it rain or shine, I'm going no matter what:) I look foreward to BG every year. Matter of fact, when I leave BG on Sunday, I'm already in wait for the following year's event. If nothing else it's a great chace to get away from the house, meet new enthusiasts, learn new things, buy new parts, drink tons of beer, and stand around telling lies about our cars. I like to think of it as my annual pillgramage...kinda like the Muslims do going to Meca.

Guys, I live in B.G. and right now we're having alot of strong thunderstorms. Our local TV news is pretty good at predicting our weather. If you want to check it out, it's WBKO 13. Hopefully this'll be behind us by this weekend. Can't wait to see the Scottsville Rd. covered in TR's.

Originally posted by ChrisCairns
Ugh !

According to the long range forecast BG will have thunderstorms on the 13th and 14th. That's as far in the future as the weather page shows right now.

Not looking good.

Thats why they need to move it back to JUNE:rolleyes:

Wheather is looking better...they show rain on Wednesday only
and sun shine for the rest of the week:D

Yessir! Looking soooo much better.

Mon
May 12 Partly Cloudy 67°/52° 10 %
Tue
May 13 Partly Cloudy 69°/55° 20 %
Wed
May 14 Partly Cloudy 73°/54° 20 %
Thu
May 15 Partly Cloudy 77°/56° 20 %
Fri
May 16 Partly Cloudy 78°/59° 10 %

Originally posted by turbov6joe
What is the highest octance "street gas" you guys can buy at the pump?
Joe,
I'd sugget you call Scotty's and see if they have some high octane unleaded. As I recall from the VPRacingfuels website, you can get like 104 unleaded these days.

Weather is indeed looking better. Scotty's has unleaded 104 and has Sunoco brand leaded gas from 100 to at least 116; they may have a higher octane but I've never inquired. There is a Keystop/Jr. Food Store, about 5-6 miles north of Beech Bend down the 4-lane, that has pump 110 oct. Red Lightning leaded gas for $3.75 a gallon. I usually fill up with this and top it off with 2-3 gallons of the 116 from Scotty's. As stated above, you'll need a trans funnel because the spout is too big for regular tanks.