You can type here any text you want

BHJ Crank Balancer?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Turbo1dr

9 Sec Wanna-Be
Does the BHJ Internal Balance balancer have the keyway cut all the way through or does it stop before it gets to the end where the bolt clamps it down?

Should go all the way through, unless they have changed. My old one goes all the way. If my new one ever shows up, I will let you know about it.:)

Keyway

The keyway on the BHJ is broached all the way through . If you cannot see
the key slot from the front then the balancer is probably installed improperly.
Also balancers are in stock ready to ship.

One other question: Is the BHJ balancer cast like the stock one or made from steel?

How much extra does the aluminum one cost? Do all BHJ's have the timing mark and interrupter ring missalignment?

OK, one last question...

Are they "pressed on" the crank or slip on like the factory?

I believe they are "supposed" to be slip on but end up really tight and might need a light honing to really slip on and off. My Stage II hub is the same way.

Balancer

BHJ Does make a balancer with an aluminum hub , but I would not use this
on anything other than an all out race only engine . The balancers do come
undersize to be fit to the specific crank snout dimension. Also a slip fit
balancer does not have as great of a dampening effect as one with some interference .

I dont mean to hi jack the thread but is there any alternative balancer instead of BHJ. I find BHJ balancer questionable.

Bhj Balancer

I just bought a BHJ balancer and the instructions state "balancer may need to be honed to fit individual cranks. The interference should be .001" to one and one half thousanths."

ps-DLS sets the interuptor ring according to the engine management system you are running. bob

Back