Big Block in Grand National

TTGN

What do you guys think of people that put big blocks in Grand nationals the problem im having is that i a thinking about! to make a GN run in the 8s to 9s with a 6cyl cost to much or should i say is more then building a big block with NOS ! I need input! :confused:

nitdjg said:
What do you guys think of people that put big blocks in Grand nationals the problem im having is that i a thinking about! to make a GN run in the 8s to 9s with a 6cyl cost to much or should i say is more then building a big block with NOS ! I need input! :confused:

Blah blah blah......whine whine whine.

If you wanted to go eights for "cheap" maybe you should have bought a BBC car to begin with.BTW 8s aint cheap no matter what you use.

Why is it someone goes out and buys a GN because they are badass and then wants to rip the heart out of it because he can't afford to be different from all the other cookie cutter mustangs and camaros?!!!

Keep the GN in good shape and get another car to butcher man,they aren't making any more of them!

If you want to big block car and like the regal body, do yourself a favor and just buy a regal body for about $1000.
This is what I should have done with my first race car!

Look at it this way. The GN is worth more money with the V6 in it. Sell it, then take that money and buy a good Regal for cheap and put that money you made selling the GN into the Regal.

What was i thinking!

thanks guys for the input i think i had my head up me a** when i wrote this! Its time to go forth with a twin turbo stage 2 block!

I wouldn't mind seeing a Buick 455 twin turbo motor in a GN, but I think I'm in the minority here...

I think BBC in a GN would be ok... but ONLY if it was turbocharged :cool:

Same reason I'm building my SBC single turbo GN... It simply put will cost me less $$$ to build than going stage II. Parts are easier to find, cheaper, ect. Not to mention I'll prolly make more power than I would have with a stage II anyway. :eek:

But I also agree that it would cost $$$$ to go 8s with any combo...

nitdjg said:
thanks guys for the input i think i had my head up me a** when i wrote this! Its time to go forth with a twin turbo stage 2 block!
you must not have been contemplating about it 2 hard if you changed your mind in 4 posts & 2 1/2 hrs. :rolleyes:

NJVetteGuy said:
I wouldn't mind seeing a Buick 455 twin turbo motor in a GN, but I think I'm in the minority here...
I've been thinking the same thing.

There's a guy up here that runs a black Limited with BBC. It's very fast and at a distance looks like a GN at first glance. Once you get to a certain point to run fast it costs big$$ no matter what engine or car you want to run, even a Chevy.

NJVetteGuy said:

Get yourself a Diesel Regal. A friend of mine dropped a 455 in one and it sat perfect because the weight of the Diesel motor is close. With a BFR trans behind it and a 3:42 gear he was getting 20mpg on the freeway. Only problem was that the trans was stock and he was afraid to beat on it unless from a roll.

Please don't disgrace a GN but making it slower.

If you want a G-Body, go with a monte, cutlass or Grand Prix. People who knows what TR's are wont be dissapointed and no one would expect any of those slugs (the ones mentioned above) to go fast.

turbocliff said:
I think BBC in a GN would be ok... but ONLY if it was turbocharged :cool:

Same reason I'm building my SBC single turbo GN... It simply put will cost me less $$$ to build than going stage II. Parts are easier to find, cheaper, ect. Not to mention I'll prolly make more power than I would have with a stage II anyway. :eek:

But I also agree that it would cost $$$$ to go 8s with any combo...

This is why I love Mopars is cause those enthusiast are LOYAL
Put a Buick 350 in it & turbo charge it...SCREW-CHEVY.. cost or not
& JUST to put a cap on the chevy whiners..there are several Buick 350s making over 850hp & 1 I remember was popular on the V8 Buick board last year making over 1,100 hp

It's all in where your heart & loyalty lies. Yeah it'll cost more to build a Buick 350 but sssoooo WHAT?? It's a Buick & will piss-off the guy with the chevy 350 that just got his ass kicked & YOU did it with a BUICK!
The Buick 350 weighs less & has a longer stroke anyway!

I HATE GM... & chevy

Long live BUICK POWERED BUICKS

buickman69 said:
& JUST to put a cap on the chevy whiners..there are several Buick 350s making over 850hp & 1 I remember was popular on the V8 Buick board last year making over 1,100 hp

It's all in where your heart & loyalty lies. Yeah it'll cost more to build a Buick 350 but sssoooo WHAT?? It's a Buick & will piss-off the guy with the chevy 350 that just got his ass kicked & YOU did it with a BUICK!

I HATE GM... & chevy

buick 350 :biggrin: that is like the biggest pile of crap out there,imo, and to even compare it to a sbc :rolleyes: you hate gm?..isnt buick gm?..SEE YOUR LOCAL GM DEALER FOR TREATMENT... :p....p.s mopar is not buick?

tommynos said:
buick 350 :biggrin: that is like the biggest pile of crap out there,imo, and to even compare it to a sbc :rolleyes: you hate gm?..isnt buick gm?..SEE YOUR LOCAL GM DEALER FOR TREATMENT... :p....p.s mopar is not buick?
I hate GM/LOVE BUICK, doesn't mean I have to give a flying **** about GM!

Mopar isn't Buick...DUH......@ least it isn't a POS chevy... :rolleyes:

chevyII said:
stay away from the nitrous and stay with the turbo/s. safer
I'll take a V8 BUICK on nitrous ANYDAY over a turbo Buick! :cool:
I love Buicks & i'm a devoted Buick enthusiast. Turbo Buicks is what got me into V8 Buicks but I LIKE V8 BUICKS BETTER.

T-Rs are good cruisers though...

Let the flaming begin, flame suit on! :)

buickman69 said:
SCREW-CHEVY.. cost or not

I HATE GM... & chevy

Cost or no cost? That IS the only reason my GN does have a chevy longblock... I am a TURBO REGAL enthusiast... I like Turbos, and Regals.. I've had 7-8 of them, and this GN I had going 10.60s with the stock shortblock. Problem was, I wanted to go faster, so I carefully caculated what I thought it would cost to build a stout TSM combo, build a nice stage II combo, and then finally a turbo sbc combo... SBC was the least expensive, will yield the most HP, and will be the easiest to find replacement parts, ect... If I had more $ to spend, it would be an on-center stage II car, but cost unfortunately was a big driving force.

:cool:

turbocliff said:
Cost or no cost? That IS the only reason my GN does have a chevy longblock... I am a TURBO REGAL enthusiast... I like Turbos, and Regals.. I've had 7-8 of them, and this GN I had going 10.60s with the stock shortblock. Problem was, I wanted to go faster, so I carefully caculated what I thought it would cost to build a stout TSM combo, build a nice stage II combo, and then finally a turbo sbc combo... SBC was the least expensive, will yield the most HP, and will be the easiest to find replacement parts, ect... If I had more $ to spend, it would be an on-center stage II car, but cost unfortunately was a big driving force.

:cool:
OH I believe that a chevy is cheaper to build than a Buick, everyone in the trailer-park knows that!
No-way your 350 will make more HP than a Buick with the cost equation-out!

That's what "Going Fast With Class" is all about! BUICK POWER!

& I'm a loyal Buick enthusiast, could care-less about turbos. :)

buickman69 said:

I HATE GM... & chevy

??? I think you may have a problem. Maybe you should lay off the beer for a while bud.