You can type here any text you want

Big dollars on Ebay!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

CHARGED

I guess it pays to have a private dealership specializing in older cars.
Ebay TTA
:confused:
Maybe I should get my car down there and give them 2k in commision and I'd still make 3k on my car I just bought..:D

WOW :eek:
I hope this is the state of our cars and not just a freek sale!

Man lets see now what would my 5K mile festival car be worth and my 4k mile Hardtop be worth??????

- Dave

I know a lot of people would cut anyone a pretty good percentage of the sale price to get that kind of money for a car with that many miles!

Awesome outcome....IF it really happens :)

I wouldn't trade my 22k car for that one. I made a copy of the car's description posted on the eBay auction for future reference. Sometimes its the presentation that makes all the difference.

Frequently we see GN/TTA sellers posting ads with a list of modifications, and a price....No mention of the general condition of their car. Much of the important data necessary to make a decision about a car is never mentioned.

This Seller did a professional job and reaped the benefits of a superlative description (and great pictures) of his vehicle....He SOLD the car to the highest bidder :)

There is a lesson here. ;)

Look at the bid history. The same guy bid fro 15k all the way up to 21k. He made like 6 or 7 bids against himself. Kind of fishy? I mean i seen tta's with less that 3k miles go for less. Give me a break, that car did not sell for that price. It got up to like 14k and change from honest ebayers that really wanted the car. The rest was crap! I bet we see that car get relisted

My guess is the guy was trying to find the reserve price. He might have thought the "Buy it now" was more than the reserve price and was trying to bid up to it. Then again he may have been fooling around.

Looking at his feedback it is decent at '89' and he does not have any negative feedback.

We will have to check back with the dealer in a few weeks to see if it sold.

- Dave

WOW, good price considering the mileage and leather T-Tops.
It does look like the guy just put a high bid in and let the proxy bidding keep him on top, either that or was trying to find the reserve.

The dates look a little strange too, all of his bids were on 2/11 excpet the last one, didn't know you could bid against yourself ebay says you can't in their help screens....last valid bid was for $17k and thats about right.

2QUIK6,
You can keep rasing your bid. It will not raise the current bid amount, but will increase the bid count. Many people will do it to protect their currently winnig bid. Think of it as a way to keep your high bid out of reach. But once he hit the reserve it became the new current bid, which became the "sold for" amount due to the "Buy it now price".

- Dave

Originally posted by davege
But once he hit the reserve it became the new current bid
ahh, I did not know that, I knew you could raise your bid, but did not know about that when it reached the reserve it became the current bid.

Looks like the deal went through. The seller just posted positive feedback on the buyer.

Hecka-cool :D

Dave

I hate to say I told you so. This is exactly what the classic car dealer told me about our cars. These guys will get more for a TTA than most of us, there's no question. Part of the reason being is that they attract collectors.

Originally posted by tracy
I hate to say I told you so.....

Now that is a way to make points with every one....

Originally posted by tracy
This is exactly what the classic car dealer told me about our cars. These guys will get more for a TTA than most of us, there's no question. Part of the reason being is that they attract collectors.

How do you know the buyer bought the car because the dealer brought him in and was not more due to a well designed ad?

- Dave

Originally posted by davege
Now that is a way to make points with every one....

How do you know the buyer bought the car because the dealer brought him in and was not more due to a well designed ad?

- Dave

You're right, How's this; I humbly submit..I told you so.

You made your point that a private speciality dealer can on occasion can bring in those type of dollars, not a private sale, thus you and the rest of us won't be able to sell our cars for the big bucks anytime soon.

People seem to be more comfortable and trusting buying from a dealer:confused: but who knows where that dealer got the car and how much do these dealers and their mechanics really know about these speciality cars:confused: You could get screwed just as bad.......

Originally posted by CHARGED
You made your point that a private speciality dealer can on occasion can bring in those type of dollars, not a private sale, thus you and the rest of us won't be able to sell our cars for the big bucks anytime soon.

People seem to be more comfortable and trusting buying from a dealer:confused: but who knows where that dealer got the car and how much do these dealers and their mechanics really know about these speciality cars:confused: You could get screwed just as bad.......
You are absolutely right. My assumption is they are in the business to make a buck. I doubt they know anything at all about the cars and would not know what to look for upon buying one.

The guy that sold it to the dealer most likely got screwed. When I was in the market for a 10th Anniv. TA, I found one in Tenn for $14k with 9k miles on it, I talked to the guy, but before I could get off work to go look at it, he had sold it. It was a Daytona Pace car without the decal installed but he had the decals....
A month or so later, I'm in Chicago and stop off at Volo Auto Museum....low and behold, there's the same TA now with the decals put on for sale for $25k!!! It was the same car because the owners manual was in the car and had the guy's name on it that I had talked to in Tenn. on the phone!
Really ticked me off, I offer Volo $20k knowing they had paid $14k and they wouldn't take it.....called Volo a month or so later just to see if they still had it and they had sold the car!

when i lived in chicago back in 95 there was a 10th ann. with 35k orignal miles. 4spd car!! MINT!! It was perfect. He wanted $5500 for it and i went back the next day to give him the money and it was gone!! Should of left a deposit. I feel dumb

The value of the 10th Anniv TAs is really starting to climb just in the last couple of years, seen a few go for $30k+ with under 2k miles on them, so maybe the 20th TTA is not far behind.

Back