You can type here any text you want

Bigger problem

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Today I drove my car 250 KM about 200 miles. (No smoke). My oil pressure after warm up sits at 30 pounds during idle and 40 pounds cruising as I accelerate the pressure goes up. This is what I did prior to driving it. I opened the valve cover breathers from the inside some more, they were only opened a little (inside the breather is a splash guard to keep the oil in, with a small opening), I installed a known good PCV valve and changed oil and filter, running mobile 1 10W30. Now everything appears to be good. My new build has 780 km (500 + miles) on it now and is running better with every mile. I'm having a hard time finding a new PCV valve here in Canada. Tomorrow I will try NAPA any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks Ted

If all else fails on your search for the correct PCV, look up Kirbanperformance.com. Have one shipped to you.

Let's keep in mind that the PCV was the issue, not oil pressure.

Yes, take a razor blade and completely open one side of the baffled grommet. The small slit hole is not going to be enough. I've run into this before with the Mr. Gasket baffled products...oil would puke out of the dipstick onto the headers due to the crankcase pressure. Let us know!

Can you guys post a picture of this cut that should be made? I am having problems with crankcase pressure as well. I put in a new PCV valve and its seemed to have gotten better but I am leaking oil from around my oilpan gasket and the motor only has about 1500 miles on it. I am running 5w30 conventional valvoline.

Today I drove my car 250 KM about 200 miles. (No smoke). My oil pressure after warm up sits at 30 pounds during idle and 40 pounds cruising as I accelerate the pressure goes up. This is what I did prior to driving it. I opened the valve cover breathers from the inside some more, they were only opened a little (inside the breather is a splash guard to keep the oil in, with a small opening), I installed a known good PCV valve and changed oil and filter, running mobile 1 10W30. Now everything appears to be good. My new build has 780 km (500 + miles) on it now and is running better with every mile. I'm having a hard time finding a new PCV valve here in Canada. Tomorrow I will try NAPA any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks Ted

Yeah - bag the PCV and go with two open breathers
- AND used descriptive titles for your threads!:mad:

Back