Bigger Throttle Body and Injectors

Beast_TR

I am wondering if I would benefit from a bigger throttle body and injectors. I already have a ported 62mm and thought about stepping up to a 70/72mm and as for injectors I have 50# MSD and thought about upping to the 60lb Mototrons or bigger. I plan on getting a motor built this winter and am debating whether it will be a stock rebuild with forged pistons, or just go for it and build a girdled stroker. Just want to make sure I have room to grow now with my combo in case I need it later.

Doing some searching it looks like that going to a bigger TB would be a waste at this point. Would getting the bigger injectors be helpful or would I be ok with the 50's and alky if I plan on trying to squeeze a 10.9 out of my combo?

Your studing is paying off.:biggrin: You are on the right track. The throttle body is not necessary. Your injectors with some alky will take you far.

I guess I am looking to spend money on the car but do not want to spend any unnecessary cash. I was thinking of doing a TT 6.0/Wideband setup with new injectors but if the 50's will get me by then I will just stick with them and spend money elsewhere. I just have the car apart at the moment from my driveshaft disaster and looking at area's I can improve upon (driveline is being upgraded too). So looking at my combo where should I go next? Low 11's/High 10's is what I am looking for at the moment until I decide to build the motor, then 9's is the goal.

2.1 60's. Spend some money on your tires/suspension.

I have, the car has an atr bar, umi box lca and tubular uca. I also just put on some Nitto DR's. When that run was made the car was mostly stock and it was my first time to the track.