Bigger Turbo??

1stTurboGN

ok, so i know the old saying, "bigger is better" but im am trying to figure out how a bigger turbo really helps. So could someone explain to me why it makes sense to have a bigger turbo if i can still only run the same amount of boost? I just dont see why a bigger turbo works if i cant run any more boost. someone teach me a thing or two. thanks everyone!

A bigger turbo works less to make the same boost,so less heat.a stock turbo can make 22-24 lbs,but is stressed at those numbers,but a bigger one,is just comming into it's own at 24 lbs...
it's about CFM,and moving air

Originally posted by 1stTurboGN
What about injectors? will blue tops work for a 49?

yes,,get a better fuel pump,at hot wire..and 36's...you will have a 12 sec car,,

The stock turbo will get you well into the 12s. When you want to hit 11s, get a front mount, bigger injectors and a 49 turbo.

Originally posted by MistaScott
The stock turbo will get you well into the 12s. When you want to hit 11s, get a front mount, bigger injectors and a 49 turbo.

a stock turbo is good for about 12:60...a 49 will do high 11's with good gas...i have a ta60...stock appearing also...more CFM than a 49....