You can type here any text you want

Biggest money street race fo 03'

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

V8killR4U

Just wanted to hear what big dollar amounts were won or lost that you guys witnessed for the 03'
I didnt see any money races go down in the detroit area last year cops were crakin down on street racing real good. Anyways, I know its not a kill but thought you guys could share you smack down money races, at the track or street. Go ahead and post them.

This year sucked. I saw a guy loose a grand at US41 dragway on "Street car Chaos" night. Two 8 second cars. Same guy lost twice, not sure if he lost a grand both times or just once. Last year I saw two slow azz 15 second mustangs go at it for 3 grand. I was like "Dude, spend the 3 grand on some parts to get out of the 15's!"

Yeah this year sucked, i dont have the money to loose id rather put it in my car and race for bragging rights, but theres something about hooking up with your buddies in a parking lot, start talking junk and adrenaline starts rising and before you know someone wants to race for pink slips or some loot. Its something bout street racing. Im surenow that ive said that people will tell me its not cool and it isnt i know, safer and less hassle at the track, but again theres something bout the street racing that gets me all pump up and excited.

$25,000.

Yes, twenty five thousand dollars.

You can see a picture of the two cars that raced by COPYING AND PASTING the link below. Add an "h" before the link so it reads http://

ttp://members5.clubphoto.com/_cgi-bin/getImage.pl?imgID=26140495-8384&trans=

I personally made a little over a thousand on my car this year in just 3 street races. Wish I would have raced more but trans and electrical problems held me back.

well, 25 grand definatle takes it. The race I witnessed in northern NJ cost one ricer $10,000, in cash. Mitsu Evo with cold air and an 87 gn wannabe. It was a 455 stage 2, blowing NOS out small ventiports on the front fenders (remniscent of the golden age of buick). Kid claimed a low 12 slip, but still wanted to race traffic light to traffic light with this 9.55 sec, 455. Well, money on top of a gas pump near the first light, motorolas at the next light, and boom...evo goes down by a min of two car lenghts. Ten grand well spent? LOL.

John

I should note the kid won the lottery six weeks prior on the megal millions (had 5 out of 6 numbers). He has near nothing left of that cash now, since he dumped it into the rice.

Yeah $25k takes the cake for real though. WTF $25k on a race. Man aint no way even if i had it id race for those stakes, my luck something would go wrong and id be out of $25k and be ready to jumpo off a bridge for being a DA. lol Well damn is that race on video? Look like the guy in the far lane was sleepin at the light?
Originally posted by SPOT MY 6
$25,000.

You can see a picture of the two cars that raced by COPYING AND PASTING the link below. Add an "h" before the link so it reads http://

I personally made a little over a thousand on my car this year in just 3 street races. Wish I would have raced more but trans and electrical problems held me back.

Fat Tuesday Race

Every year in Hattiesburg, MS they have a Fat Tuesday Mardi Gras Race. I have seen with my own eyes Thirty Thousand 30k on one race. Usually they're several races similar to that all day long. To some people money is no object and for those few it is their rush to bet such a large sum of money.

OHHH Hell No 30 G's . Thats crazy as hell! Ill race you for a coke and a smile :o)

30 Gs!!!! holy damn.. was that the cannon ball run where the min requirements are an enzo ferrari and the 30 g's? holy crap. I know I'm never racing mardi gras style! fat tuesday, dam, fat a$$ wallet tuesday maybe.

be safe, and no pink slip races, our cars are worth too much!

John

$25,000.

Did those car in the picture, run the race on the street or was it a "outlaw" day at the track, where no times are shown. Also what were the terms for that race, heads-up? Or did someone get length's and/or the hit? Did the guys lay VHT down??

Originally posted by blackshoebox
Did those car in the picture, run the race on the street or was it a "outlaw" day at the track, where no times are shown. Also what were the terms for that race, heads-up? Or did someone get length's and/or the hit? Did the guys lay VHT down??
The particular race that is in the picture went down like this:

These same exact two cars raced heads up the previous weekend for $20g. The car in the picture that is launching won that race. So they decided to race again the next weekend. The terms of that race was that the car in the far lane put up $20g to the other guys $25g, and the far lane car was getting the leave.

Surprisingly, only the far lane car did a small VHT burnout after his water burnout.

The car in the close lane (luanching) was stealing the hit hopeing the far lane would chase, so they had to line back up again.

As far as money goes, these guys race for this kinda money quite often. Most of their races are in the 10k range though, and most of their races happen on the street.

I know a few of them, and lets just say its good to have them on your side.

These same exact two cars raced heads up the previous weekend for $20g. The car in the picture that is launching won that race. So they decided to race again the next weekend. The terms of that race was that the car in the far lane put up $20g to the other guys $25g, and the far lane car was getting the leave.

Surprisingly, only the far lane car did a small VHT burnout after his water burnout.

The car in the close lane (luanching) was stealing the hit hopeing the far lane would chase, so they had to line back up again.

As far as money goes, these guys race for this kinda money quite often. Most of their races are in the 10k range though, and most of their races happen on the street.

So who won?

So which chi-town crew do you run with? It isn't SouthSide Stickup is it? :)

Originally posted by TS6
This year sucked. I saw a guy loose a grand at US41 dragway on "Street car Chaos" night. Two 8 second cars. Same guy lost twice, not sure if he lost a grand both times or just once. Last year I saw two slow azz 15 second mustangs go at it for 3 grand. I was like "Dude, spend the 3 grand on some parts to get out of the 15's!"

Was that the Just Bad Racing Camaro vs. the Vette? I saw that and ran that night as well.

Originally posted by TransAm WS6 420
So which chi-town crew do you run with? It isn't SouthSide Stickup is it? :)
Run WITH the Stickup? Nope. How bout I am 3-0 against them. I may not be faster than SOME of their cars, but I have beat them at their own game collecting over a thousand bucks.

I am part of NOS Express.

BTW, how do you know about the chi-town crews? I am assuming Scandalous?

Run WITH the Stickup? Nope. How bout I am 3-0 against them. I may not be faster than SOME of their cars, but I have beat them at their own game collecting over a thousand bucks.

I am part of NOS Express.

BTW, how do you know about the chi-town crews? I am assuming Scandalous?

Yeah, I'm friends with Pete, and helped him out when he came down here to film for his dvd. I was standing there during the infamous "radiator leak" incident ;)

Chicago seems like it has a fairly organized racing scene. I know a few of us down south are planning on visiting sometime this year :)

Thats cool. When you decide to come out, PM me. You have to know the right people to find a real (legit) race. Theres a pretty big scene out here but a lot of people try to rob. Like, the Stickup.

I'll make sure I do. :) We are going to try to bring a nice variety of cars, and a fair amount of cash to play with. Also waiting on Marco to get that white ghost of his together, so we can take his lunch money ;)

Well if you are looking to race cars like Marco's then I hope you bring some heavy hitting street cars. Hopefully Texas will quit being a bunch of sissies and bring out some of their scrap too. :eek:

Well, I'm certainly not driving all the way out to Chitown to play with a bunch of 13 second cars ;)

Back