You can type here any text you want

Biggest turbo with a 2800 stall L/U.....

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

fatride

Wondering what would be the biggest turbo you can run with a 2800 L/U stall converter ? (for the street) With trans brake also :)

For a while I was running a TE63 with a 3000 lock up that actually stalled at 2850 with 8lbs of boost. It wasnt a total turd but it was a lot more fun with a 44.

Hey A$$hole.....

Don't you know your stuff yet!!!!

GT 3255, TE44/TA49.....Mebbe a TE 60 w/a lil bit of lag....

Student schools the teacher.....

Seriously though good luck Nick

Thanks
Steve Chambers

Steve, whats going on?? The thing is I never had a combo this small. I'm getting slower in my old age :) I have a TE44 now, was thinking of going 60/61 but not sure if there is a performance gain over the 44?? Thanks for the input guys

I don't mean to hijack, but I have a question....would going to a slightly bigger turbo than a TE60 (but still a 60-series), but with ball bearings, negate the need for a higher stall converter?

A BB turbo will spool faster, but won't significantly change the amount of air that the turbo can flow, correct?

I ask because I want to go with something in that size range, but want to know if going with BB's will at least reduce the need for a higher stall converter (2900 stall L/U right now).

Thanks,
Steve

Back