You can type here any text you want

bigstuff3 and alkycontrol?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

vilbefors

Hello!
I`m installing bigstuff3 to my -87 buick gn. I have two guestions: 1. where to connect 7th injector wire to control alky? 2. Which of the three wires is 12 volt wire for break light/switch (in break pedal).

Sorry I can`t explain that second guestion very well because my mothers language is Finnish. Hope you can figure out what i mean.

thanks anyway for trying

Vili From Finland

BS3 Alky setup.

The only thing I can think you can do is use the HS fuel pump +12V signal and use the TPS setpoint to put 12V (arm the system essentially) and you must use a hobbs switch to trigger it with a boost setpoint. You MUST trigger the +12V relay with the HS pump output. It is not intended to power your pump direct.

Also, remember the HS pump MUST see a 25% below your on setpoint to turn the circuit off. Example, if you set it at 20% it WILL NOT SHUT OFF since it will never see -6% TPS voltage.

Hope this helps.

Hook the green wire to the PAC to the center signal wire on the 3 bar MAP.

Set the Blue gain knob to 6.. and tune away.. Plug-n-play.

Hope this helps.

Same with the FAST, Gen7, etc..

Then set the car so at WOT to make zero-2% correction and set your AF correction limits to -10 +25.

Julio

I was told sharing signals could affect readings from the MAP sensor. Is this true?

Depends. My controller has an input impedance of 100,000 ohms. Meaning it will not change voltage on the MAP sensors signal line. I cannot speak for other devices as to IF they will impact the voltage.

Easy way to tell.. measure with a DC voltmeter or observe voltage on your ECU's dash disply.. then attach the wire to whatever you'd like to use.. if the voltage changes, then the device cannot be used.

HTH ;)

And Ted.. thats a great question.

Back