Black or silver?

Renthorin

Lone Wolf
Not sure what it is called but the little tank that is part of the air conditioning right by the downpipe. Maybe the dryer?

Anyway, the top of mine is always void of black paint as it rubs on the hood liner.

I was looking at the featured car on GNTTYPE and his is all silver.

Is mine supposed to be silver too? I get tired of touching up the top of it.

If mine is supposed to be black then how in the heck can I keep it black?

Car is an 87 GN

they are supposed to be black from the factory, anytime an a/c system is changed (new compressor) or i think the 134a (not positive) your supposed to change it. and all the new ones are silver not black.

as for keeping it black i dont know :( mine is silver in my car, but i just keep it to a high polished shine. Most people i see use a Power 6 to put on top where the paint usually peels

HTH

I wonder if mine is silver but painted black. The previous owner did the 134 conversion before I bought it.

He painted a lot of things black so I wonder if he did that too.

Anyone have a picture of what the sticker on top looks like one their car?

Mike, thanks for the picts. I got an engraved plate for on top of the coil pack with the power 6 logo.

Think another power 6 logo would be too much?

If I paint the top is there a specific paint that might last longer?

Black Powdercoat

Renthorin,

I tried several paints on these...finally had one powder-coated...no flaking, finally!

HTH :)

I assume you have to take it out of the car to do that???

How much was it? How long does it take?

Eastwood makes a small, non-commercial powdercoating kit...you might look that up to see if you could spray just the top portion...I don't know.

There's a local Pro Powdercoating shop nearby, so I did have it off & he did it along with some other parts for me. I don't know what the charge for that alone would have been, but a "guess"...maybe around 15.00?

I'm going to get the Eastwood kit I mentioned so I can do some of the smaller projects like this at home, hopefully.

HTH :)

I was told that the metal band that holds the metal tank is adjustable.

Just went out and looked and if loosened I could slide the tank down about 1/4 inch.

That would be enough to keep it from rubbing the hood blanket.

Hopefully I will be touching it up one last time this spring.