You can type here any text you want

blazer upgrade problem

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

incharge

ok I upgraded to the blazer spndles and hydroboost now the problem is when I turn to the right my pitman arm hits the gn=1 stock location intercooler is was fine before the blazer swap ... is there a offset pitman arm I can use or do I have to get Front mount

If all you did was change the knuckles and not the ball joints or springs it sounds like the intercooler isn't mounted right or the engine is down further than it should be. Have you looked at the motor mounts lately?

I changed the ball joints and put tubular upper control arms as well the motor mounts are stock and they could be worn but everything was fine before the blazer swap...

The odd part of this is that the location of the pitman arm didn't change with the changes/parts you did. The pitman arm is located by the steering box.

It may be that the steering is allowed to turn more, causing the issue. I'm not sure if the stock spindles have steering stops on them. Where the Blazer spindles may not. Check the lower area of the stock spindle where the caliper bolts to it, that is likely where it would contact the lower A-arm as a stopping point.

RemoveBeforeFlight

yes there are stops on the blazers as well ...I think that the blazer knuckle is just different because it does not turn as far as it did with the stock spindles, I guess I am going to buy a front mount or mod my stock location intercooler

Back