You can type here any text you want

blower motor help

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

LOT

Not an electrician but, thought I could handle this. Having trouble getting my blower motor to run on high and or run at all. Bear with me as this seems crazy to me. With key on --eng. off--car has been sitting for a few weeks--back of alt. shows 11.8 volts. If I turn blower motor on any speed up to but not including high, I am getting 11.7 volts @ the terminal that plugs into motor. 8.5 on high. I have the treminal pulled off the motor spade. Put it on motor spade and nothing. Remove terminal and using a jumper wire from back of alt. to motor spade and motor runs. Couple times today, out of the blue motor starts running --go inside and turn to high and it stops and won't restart on any speed untill it decides it wants to. You would think if I have 11.7 volts to terminal --plug terminal on to spade and motor would run--NOT--what am I missing. Open to any and all suggestions. Thanks--Lee

Typically if they don't run on high speed there's a relay mounted a few inches from the blower fan behind the drier. Give it a whack, jiggle the wires, or try another if it doesn't do anything. ;)

If it isn't the relay try the connector with the fat red wire over by the power antenna and pass. fenderwell area.

The connection gets intermittant at the connector, you can tie the two fat red wires together and bypass the connector if you want to.

This fix only for high speed fan operation.

Also note that the fat red wire is ALWAYS HOT or at +12 on the lower part of the connector.

Disconnect the battery if working on it or make sure you never short it to ground or you'll pop a very important Fusible Link.

Fix for low speed running could be a dirty connection at the blower motor wiring itself.

Highspeedfanpower3.jpg

Highspeedfanpower2.jpg

relay was bad

New one and $12 later it is fixed. I also found the hidden large + 12 wire and cleaned it. Thanks to all who relied.---Lee

Back