You can type here any text you want

Blowing Vac line off Fuel Reg. ??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

thunderace31

Banned
Ok I have had my car out since the fuel pump install and now the car keeps blowing the Vac line off the Fuel pressure regulator.

I put a new line on it and it did it again. Every 2-4th time I get boost its off :confused: Car dose some weired bucking when it happens to very spooky and I dont want to blow the car up! :eek:

I was thinking of going to the auto parts store and getting a smaller line to use and zip tie wrap it ?

Smaller line seems like it would be a restriction and may cause issues?? Thats why Im asking what others have done with this problem

I have the Aeromotive Black Reg. from Full throttle also if that helps.

Thanks in advance :)

Get a smaller line and zip tie it on. It should be fine.
A smaller line will/should give faster FP response as there is less volume to compress.

PS
Clean the lines out and make sure there is no grease on them.
You are not seeing oil in the pressure line are you?
Another thought ...... where is the signal side of the line connected to?

No oil in the line I checked that first thing :)
The signal is comming from the Vacume block in top of the tb I have the nice billet one with the steal line that runs over to the FP Reg. then a short section of vac. line to the reg.
Ill get the smallest line I can and push like madd to put it on then zip tie.
Never had this issue till we took the Reg off and brazed on the -8 fitting to run the new return :(
When this is sorted I should have enough fuel to run deep in the 9's at some point lol. (Will never see it but ya know its nice to have lol)

Get a smaller line and zip tie it on. It should be fine.
A smaller line will/should give faster FP response as there is less volume to compress.

PS
Clean the lines out and make sure there is no grease on them.
You are not seeing oil in the pressure line are you?
Another thought ...... where is the signal side of the line connected to?

Get a smaller line and zip tie it on there good, you dont want that thing popping off under boost. The bucking is from the FPR not getting a response from the engine for boost reference to rise 1psi of fuel for every 1psi of boost, thus running extremely lean.

Get a smaller line and zip tie it on there good, you dont want that thing popping off under boost. The bucking is from the FPR not getting a response from the engine for boost reference to rise 1psi of fuel for every 1psi of boost, thus running extremely lean.

I did it just have not been for a ride yet.
Used the smallest line I could get at the store and I dont know that I needed a zip tie lol went on real hard Im not looking forward to removing it lol.

I put the zip tie on anyway :)

Thanks for the help and info even though it was a lame question :cool:

Also a drop of super glue will keep that sucker on there along with the zip ties.

dont want that line to come off at all. i had mine come off and i was replacing head gaskets. the damage happens in an instant.

good luck

I had that problem, then realized I didn't have the line on all the way. Push the line all the way down "over the nut" and it will hold.

Back