You can type here any text you want

Blown Fuse Fuel Pump

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Seats look comfy enough to me.:)

I dunno .. maybe NO AC .. LINE LOCK .. ROLL BAR .. MEATS and Skinnies .. GATES vented to atmosphere .. LOUD EXT Fuel PUMP .. and TWINS just because .. ohh yeah poster child for a
driver ... be kinda like a 650 hp Turbo Busa :) I am sure that's a comfy bike to take on a cross country cruise :)
ok... Touche..... fair point.:) lol but.... he has driven it to the track and blasted off a mid 9 second pass and driven home waving to trucks with 10 second cars being trailered lol so I still think its more a street car then a race car. and a FAST fukn one too.... its got a RPE stage II. at the boost levels he rides around the street with that motor isn't even sweating yet!

and we don't need no stinkn AC lol its cold 9 months out of the year here....lol so that surely doesn't disqualify it as a street car around here. no now heat and then we have a problem Houston...

that car will make 800 hp on pump gas with a new set of turbos. that car is beautiful and doesn't scream race car at all up close. its actually quite subtle.

and ud be surprised how comfortable my Busa is.... lol seriously rides like stock till it makes boost then it wants to rip ur arms out of their sockets....:vamp: the Busa is a TOURING bike by description....:stop::)

Last edited:
Yes Chris. You are correct. I would never have even posted this question if I was not in the financial position I'm in today. The pump would have been out the next day. I guess I was hoping to drag this out until just before a track visit. Then I would do a replacement.

Maybe I'll just lay off the throttle for a while until I can get a replacement. I'll do a relay swap and stress-test it again. But for me not to totally believe this pump should be replaced would be stupid and reckless on my part. That's why I was hoping to find an electrical issue that screams out "problem".

Again, thanks for snapping me into reality.

Joe, I feel ya on the financial thing. I'm so poor I can't pay attention. But I'm pretty sure you'd rather replace a pump then that beautiful motor. I don't know if you've considered any other pumps. I have a Weldon D2035-A. here's a little info about it. Good luck!

Maximum Horsepower
1800 hp @ 14 V, EFI and Carb engines (900 hp on Methanol)

GPH/PSI Range: 180-210 GPH/0-80 PSI

Considerations: If your actual horsepower is close to the Max Hp limit and/or you are considering power adder, see part# 2345-A

Features:
* All billet body pumps are 100% serviceable/repairable
* Self Priming
Pump may be mounted above fuel cell
Vertical or horizontal mount
* Breakaway coupling prevents pump/motor damage in the event of fuel contamination
* All internal components are 100% metallic
No plastics or composite materials. Our internal pumping elements are made of high speed tool steel and bronze. This results in the longest lasting, highest quality, most durable pumps available.
* Body machined from billet aluminum
* For carbureted and injected engines
* Provides Consistent Performance with no fall-off in flow
* Precise fuel delivery
* Blades self-compensating for wear
* 5.5 lbs

Current Fluids
Weldon Pumps offer the widest range of fuel compatibility.
Gasoline - Methanol - Nitromethane - Diesel - Ethanol - All racing fuels

Comments
Requires appropriate bypass regulator, a -8 return line is recommended.

Joe, I feel ya on the financial thing. I'm so poor I can't pay attention. But I'm pretty sure you'd rather replace a pump then that beautiful motor. I don't know if you've considered any other pumps. I have a Weldon D2035-A. here's a little info about it. Good luck!

Maximum Horsepower
1800 hp @ 14 V, EFI and Carb engines (900 hp on Methanol)

GPH/PSI Range: 180-210 GPH/0-80 PSI

Considerations: If your actual horsepower is close to the Max Hp limit and/or you are considering power adder, see part# 2345-A

Features:
* All billet body pumps are 100% serviceable/repairable
* Self Priming
Pump may be mounted above fuel cell
Vertical or horizontal mount
* Breakaway coupling prevents pump/motor damage in the event of fuel contamination
* All internal components are 100% metallic
No plastics or composite materials. Our internal pumping elements are made of high speed tool steel and bronze. This results in the longest lasting, highest quality, most durable pumps available.
* Body machined from billet aluminum
* For carbureted and injected engines
* Provides Consistent Performance with no fall-off in flow
* Precise fuel delivery
* Blades self-compensating for wear
* 5.5 lbs

Current Fluids
Weldon Pumps offer the widest range of fuel compatibility.
Gasoline - Methanol - Nitromethane - Diesel - Ethanol - All racing fuels

Comments
Requires appropriate bypass regulator, a -8 return line is recommended.
Wow! That Weldon seems like it's one bad-ass pump! But I can't say I'm unhappy with Aeromotive's pump. I guess after about 8 years of use it's due for a refreshening. Besides, I think I'll stick to the maintenance budget instead of the upgrades right now.

Wow! That Weldon seems like it's one bad-ass pump! But I can't say I'm unhappy with Aeromotive's pump. I guess after about 8 years of use it's due for a refreshening. Besides, I think I'll stick to the maintenance budget instead of the upgrades right now.

Aeromotive's a great pump, had one on my previous build. Either one, Aeromotive or Weldon both excellent pumps. Wouldn't use anything else. And external's the way to go, costs a little more, but external pumps and fuel systems in general is/are stronger/better pumps, serviceable, easier to set-up, adjust and maintain. I can take my pump out in five minutes. Went with a Weldon on this build. Was recommended by someone with very similar build. turbofabricator and turbo89 both make a great point about having it serviced. I would do that and let Aeromotive make the decision if the pump is safe or not. If they say it is and something's fucked up, well then that's on them. Aeromotive wouldn't let that happen, they'll definitely give you the best advice. If their name's on it, they won't screw it up. And you never know, if the pump needs to be replaced, maybe they discount the new one for you for being a "good/repeat customer." Good luck with it.

Back