You can type here any text you want

Board member "Bent6" feature car for the month of July.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

86brick

It's just a V6 Brick.....
Hopefully he will give us some info on the "Tweaks" done to this ride:eek: :D ;)

Attachments

• wheelie2.jpg
    wheelie2.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 265
  • t1engine.jpg
    t1engine.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 263
  • tweak1.JPG
    tweak1.JPG
    84.9 KB · Views: 266
sweet lookin car. i will have to submit my HOTAIR as soon as i get back from the desert.

Hopefully he will give us some info on the "Tweaks" done to this ride:eek: :D ;)

Specs as follows:

Stage 2 On-Center Block 272cid
Approximately 1400-1500 flywheel hp
BMS 3.625 Forged Crank
Oliver 6.50 Forged Rods
Venolia Forged Pistons
Solid roller cam
Stage 2 Heads - Extensively ported
Custom sheetmetal intake
90mm TBody
160# Injectors
FAST fuel management
Stock coilpack ignition (Yes, that's right - STOCK!)
Custom equal length SS headers
Precision 96mm Turbo
Twin Turbonetics wastegates
Custom Conley's Liquid Intercooler
Remote oil system (wet sump)
Remote Meziere water pump

API VR2 "Big-Brute" 2-speed electronic trans w/ brake
API 8" lockup converter - approx 5300rpm stall
Custom aluminum driveshaft
9" rear-end w/ alum center section - 4.30 gears

Full tube chassis SFI 25.5 certified
Custom 4-link rear suspension w/ Santhuff coilovers
Custom rear wheelie bars (broken in the photo above hence the much higher than normal wheelie!)
Custom front Santhuff strut suspension
Aerospace dual 4-piston caliper rear brakes
Wilwood front discs
Hoosier 33x17-15 rear slicks on 15x15 wheels

Fiberglass removable one piece front clip, hood, doors, deck lid, rear bumper
Lexan windows
16 point cage w/ funny car updates
On board halon fire supression system
Stroud pneumatic parachute system
16 volt electrical systems
Car weight w/ driver approximately 2750#

DSC02109.jpg
DSC02079.jpg

DSC02085-1.jpg
DSC02107.jpg

How many turbo buicks do you have?????

1) 87 GN - 10 sec street car - 16k original miles (one owner)
2) 86 T-Type - 11 sec 48k mile original (wife's)
3) 87 T - 6,500 mile virgin
4) 7-second race car/money pit

I'm into Bufords......................:biggrin:

Love the car! I just bought a poster of the car launching when Lawrence owned it.

What have you done to it since Lawrence got rid of it?

More photos would be appreciated!

-Adam

I've owned the car for almost 10yrs now.

Many refinements have been made to the car. Upgraded to FAST from old school DFI, updated turbo from 90mm to modern tech 96mm, updated roll cage, parachute system, completely rewired car from front to rear and upgraded to 16v electrical system, fuel system has been upgraded, all plumbing has been upgraded, underhood sheetmetal has been redesigned, interior electronics and gauges have been completely redesigned. These are just the high spots....
Here are some more pics -
BurnoutBox.jpg

2004MEatBG.jpg

launch.jpg

DSCF0007.jpg

scan0001.jpg

scan0003.jpg

I didnt know you've owned it that long!

Thanks for sharing it with us. Will you go to the BPG event this year?

Anymore photos, as like before you redid a lot of it, as in some before and after shots?

Thanks!

-Adam

I didnt know you've owned it that long!

Thanks for sharing it with us. Will you go to the BPG event this year?

Anymore photos, as like before you redid a lot of it, as in some before and after shots?

Thanks!

-Adam

I have owned it quite a while now - doesn't seem like that long! Engine is apart right now waiting on a new set of lifters that have to be specially made. Too many work committments right now anyway. I don't have any before/after pics that would show any details. The engine pic at the top is actually from back around '96 before the turbo upgrade.

Thanks for giving us the 411 and for the added pics of your "Tweaked" ride! Many on here have been a fan of that car for a long time, and the fact that you not only own it but 3 other Turbo Regals makes you easily one of the biggest Turbo Buick enthusiasts on this site and in the community!:smile: :cool:

10 years ???? HOLT CRAP!!!! It seems like just a few years ago that you and your buddy dropped off the White T for some upgrades. Not 10 years.
Seriously though, The car could not have been sold to a better person. LC,JC & I are very proud of what you & Tori have done to YOUR car. All the nessesary upgrades and done right!
Hope to see it out again real soon,
CC

I wish I still had that white T-type - regreted that so much I went and got another one just like it!:eek: Thanks for the compliments. LC has been instrumental in helping me keep the car on top. Your dad has probably forgotten more than most will ever know about turbo Buicks! :biggrin:

I wish I still had that white T-type - regreted that so much I went and got another one just like it!:eek: Thanks for the compliments. LC has been instrumental in helping me keep the car on top. Your dad has probably forgotten more than most will ever know about turbo Buicks! :biggrin:

Nice car Will, glad to see it is still evolving.

Will,

The car looks good, let's see in back in the 7s in 2007!
Let us know when you take it out again.

The car should run deep 7s in it's current configuration. It's hard to get it to run its best when I usually only get to bring it out a couple or three times a year due to my hectic schedule. As you know, it takes a lot of work on these things at this HP level and everything has to click just right to run the big numbers. Seems like it's always something - had tranny issues for a few years - got those resolved - then had a cam phasing issue with the engine - fixed that - ignition issues with MSD DIS - trashed that and went back to stock coil pack, etc, etc.

The wheelie pic at the top was from BG '06 - the car was DIALED in. Only problem was a wheelie bar pin was loose causing the much higher than normal wheelie - probably could have been a 7.50-7.60 run according to the data log - still ran something like an 8.40 pedaling twice. Next run it bent a valve on the burnout - hasn't been on the track since. Waiting on parts now - the saga continues................................................:D

Thanks for all the compliments! :D

Back