You can type here any text you want

Board member "DougsfastZ" feature car for the month of March.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

86brick

It's just a V6 Brick.....
Info on this ride from his sig.~

1987 Buick Grand National, 84K miles, 42.5# inj, big mouth CAI, THDP 3", old ATR catback, LS1 MAF w/translator, Meth, 1.66 60' 12.36@ 107

Attachments

• dougsfastz1.JPG
    dougsfastz1.JPG
    91 KB · Views: 382
  • dougsfastz2.JPG
    dougsfastz2.JPG
    91.6 KB · Views: 416
Thanks for the recognition on my GN.

A few things have changed since that's not in the sig.

New custom catback, utilizing twin 16" Bullet mufflers. I'll have to take some pictures.
MAF Pro setup with LC1 wideband and XD-16 gauge. Been taking me a bit to get the car tuned with it, but well worth it.
External wastegate downpipe.
Twin fans out of 1999 Interpid.
Custom switch panel from TR Custom Parts 84-87 Turbo Regals, 94-6 Impala SS, 93-up F Body Cars, Olds G-Body Cars, Late Model Corvettes, S-10 Blazers

Oh, and I just ordered a Hydroboost brake setup that I plan on doing a small write up on.

Here are some more pics.

IMG_0957.jpg

IMG_0964.jpg

IMG_0966.jpg

IMG_0971.jpg

IMG_0960.jpg

IMG_0954.jpg

IMG_0154.jpg

IMG_0951.jpg

Thanks,

Doug D

Car looks great sir............ keep up the good work!

Doug,

Thanks for sharing some of your recent upgrades and more pics of your clean GN! :cool:

Hello Doug,

It was great seeing your car run at Moroso last night man. It is impressive what you can do with the tuning on these cars. I am especially impressed with the functionality of the power logger and how you are able to fine tune all those different parameters. Thanks for taking the time to explian how it all works.

For a basically stock car with bolt-ons, your car is very impressive. I still cannot believe how busy the track was and you were still able to get 8 runs in. Well this may just be the last of the "cool" weather for this year so I think you made a good decision to run last night.

Good luck with it and I hope to see you at the track again.

Regards,

Shev.

Thanks Shev, it was good meeting you also.

Not sure if you saw, but after we spoke, I clicked off the best pass of the night, and for the car for that matter. 12.17@108.9 with a 1.69 short. Not sure why the MPH is down, but the ET is there.

New drag radials and relocation brackets go on tonight.

Let me know if you have anymore questions on my setup.

Doug D

Congrats on the new best pass Doug! You're slowly creeping up on the 11's with the stock turbo and bolt-ons, very impressive.:cool:

Congrats on the new best pass Doug! You're slowly creeping up on the 11's with the stock turbo and bolt-ons, very impressive.:cool:

Shooting for 11's on pump, drag radials, full weight, stock turbo and stock necked intercooler. I know it's been done before, but I'm learning a ton along the way.

Thanks,

Doug D

Doug,

You are so close man. I think with a more aggressive launch and maybe some more timing you should be able to bust off that 11'sec timeslip.

What does the relocation brackets do?

Have you noticed if those drag radials hook any better the more like a slick the get? I remembered with my BF drag radials when they got close to like a slick they were still hooking very well.

Are you gonna head out to the track tonight for some more test and tune?

Congrats on the new pb.

Shev

Shev,

I thought it would of been an issue, that the MT DR's are about bald, but I was still able to get a 1.69 out of them. Doesn't matter now since I just had fresh ones installed.

Relocation brackets move the instant center of the rear, which should create an anti squat effect upon launch.

I wish I can go tonight, but my new lower control arms aren't in yet. There is a track rental in Brandenton I'll be at, and luckly it's at night, I'll be shooting for 11's there :)

Doug D

Doug,

With the mods being made now you should be well on your way to the 11's. When is the track rental in Bradenton? Is it full already?

Shev

Back